Do you like Coke or Pepsi more?

image courtesy of unsplash

The sugary Coca-Cola has reached its 138 birthday as of this year. The Lemon flavored soft drink that originated in West Germany, Sprite has reached its 65 anniversary recently. And finally, the Orangey Fanta which was created in Germany is now 84!

Besides all the birthday celebrations the great competition with Coca-Cola and Pepsi is timeless. For years and years, the competitive tension between the two soft drinks has spun a debate as to which has a better taste.

The contest is not just between the two companies but also many consumers of all ages along with bizarre data such as “People that drink Pepsi are more likely to live longer” or

“Coca-Cola drinkers are more likely to be successful.”

Bucks County Community College English and Literature Professor David Venditto said, “I prefer Coke. I just feel like it’s more full flavor and I like it in old glass bottles. They’re made with cane sugar. Pepsi always tasted more fake to me.”

Sackery Sabu, a Computer Science student at Bucks in favor of Coca-Cola says “Pepsi may have a sweeter taste, Coca-Cola has more of a Vanilla Flavor that is more suitable to me. I can’t explain it. I’ll finish more Coke anytime.”

Bucks History Major Connor Barry adds in, “To me, it’s sort of a lighter flavor (Pepsi) as when you drink Coke you end up getting rattled with sugar but when you drink Pepsi it’s not as abundantly sweet when you taste it. Coca-Cola may have celebrities and Christmas but Pepsi has an iconic set of commercials made up of my boy Michael Jackson. The Pepsi Generation. What else?”

Regardless of competitive viewpoints, at the end of the day, there is nothing better than having our favorite drinks at our parties, bonfires, barbecues and lunch time. What do you think? Who wins the debate? That answer will forever be up in the air.