Students can get fit for Summer

Photo from Wikimedia Commons

Photo from Wikimedia Commons

Photo from Wikimedia Commons

Tenae Gentner

With summer approaching, now is the time to get yourself in shape and looking better than ever!

The best way to achieve your ultimate summer bod is by simply dieting and exercising.

Dieting and exercising is one of the best ways to get ready for summer. Everyone wants to be confident in whatever they’re wearing especially with this upcoming summer approaching. No one wants to be that boy or girl who is uncomfortable in their own skin and says, “Damn I should’ve got in shape sooner.”

Fitness has become a major fad in the last year or so. Exercise videos and dieting blends have taken over social media such as Twitter and Instagram. Men and women will post short clips of them doing easy at home workouts that will improve and maintain your body within a couple minutes a day.

19 year old Remy Sardar, an exercise science major at Bucks knows all about staying fit. When asked what made him want to start working out, he said “Just to feel better about myself.”

Remy is very familiar with fitness. In fact, it’s been one of his main focuses for the past couple of years. Remy says that he recommends working about four times a week. He was then asked if he had any advice to give to someone who is new to working out. His response, “Work hard and try to be as consistent as possible with your workouts and diet. Half of your health is in the gym and half of your health is all about what you make in the kitchen.”

Since your diet is a main factor in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, Remy was able to give his input on some foods he considers to be nutritious. He suggested that eating leafy greens, whole grains/nuts and lean meats.

Remy Sardar is not the only Bucks student who is into stay healthy and fit.

Criminal justice major, Rosemarie SanJuan has recently gotten into dieting and exercise. She says that it wasn’t easy at first but is definitely due-able for anyone.

Rose was asked why she felt that fitness was important and she had a very strong response. “To me fitness is important because I want to be in the best shape possible. I feel like I will be truly happy with my body if I work hard on it.”

Body image is constantly flooding society. From editing models on magazine covers and shaming those who are not the “ideal body size”, body image has become a major concern especially for young girls.

“Anyone who works out and continues to eat healthy will feel more confident in themselves than they did the day before,” according to Rose. “Drink plenty of water, too.”

Regina Antoni, a pre-allied health major had always been into fitness. She attends the gym four or five times a week and watches what she eats. “I don’t ever really eat fast foods and I make sure I’m not overeating. I’m not necessarily strict on what I eat, I just make sure I consume my every day fruits and veggies.”

There are all types of ways to stay in shape and lose weight. Some studies suggest that drinking apple cider vinegar and honey can burn fat. Some people even drink detox drinks. Some of these drinks are water, mint cucumber and lemon. Another one is water, grapefruit, and rosemary. These drinks are easy to find all over the internet.

Overall, dieting and exercising may seem like a lot to keep up with but if you stick your mind to it, you will be able to achieve a healthy lifestyle.

• Students can get fit for Summer

Arts and Entertainment

Top 10 Halloween Flicks

• Students can get fit for Summer

Special Report: Gun Violence in America

Bucks Students offer Opinions on Gun Control

• Students can get fit for Summer

Arts and Entertainment

Awesome Mix, Vol. 2: Heckin’ Spookin’

• Students can get fit for Summer

Sports

Men’s Basketball Team Bounces Back

• Students can get fit for Summer

Sports

Eagles Strike Back in First Games

• Students can get fit for Summer

Special Report: Gun Violence in America

How a Comma and the NRA Changed the Constitution

• Students can get fit for Summer

Arts and Entertainment

The Loss of a Legend: Tom Petty

• Op/Ed

Students’ Takes on Trump’s Poor Track Record with Women

• Students can get fit for Summer

Cybersecurity’s Growing Importance: From the Surveillance Industrial Complex to Your Campus Web Use

• Students can get fit for Summer

SGA is Taking Care of Business

Students can get fit for Summer