Student research conference approaching

Every semester Bucks has a research conference where students present research that they have done on a particular subject.

“It’s a way for students to share their work beyond the classroom,” said Dr. Charlie Groth, who was one of the conference coordinators last year.

In years past, hundreds of students have flocked to the conference to present the research they have done throughout the semester. Last year, nearly 200 students attended the research conference to present and have their work be viewed by their peers.

“Its a great oppurtunity to share your work with others,” Stephen Godwin, Journalism major, said. “If your missing a certain aspect of your paper the feedback you get can sometimes help you.”

Some professors at Bucks require their students to present at the conference. Other professors offer it as extra credit. What some students do not know is that the research conference can be a fun and interactive event that they can go to on their own.

Students will go onto the Bucks website main page.

Students will click that link and it will take them right to the application. This is where they will give their name, professor they are presenting for, number of the class they are presenting for, what their presentation is about, the time slot that works for them, their email, and phone number. The application is very straight forward and students will receive an email regarding check-in and what time slot they are presenting.

On Dec. 6, the day of the conference, students will find out what room they will be presenting. They will also receive a free lunch.

The conference is all about sharing research that was done by students. Again, any student of Bucks can participate in the conference and share what research they have done.

The conference starts at 10:00 a.m. and ends 3:00 p.m. There will be a variety of different subjects that will be presented. Such as, Arts, All Comp, Foreign Language, Literature, Social and Behavioral Science, Business, Nursing Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics.

The conference is open for students presenting to sit in on other presentations. Listening to other people present their research about a subject that may not be familiar to some people can be very interesting.

Students will present in front of a panel of judges and other students in the audience. This is not a formal event.

There will be a couple of students in the audience, maybe five to seven and the panel of judges. Students will present anywhere between five and seven minutes and leave some time for any questions a judge or an audience member may have.