Professor expresses doubts about Trump

With the start of the Trump presidency, and the country’s current state of turmoil with his recent decisions, Diane Rice, a political science professor, was asked a few questions about Donald Trump and she provided some intelligent answers.

When asked about her opinion of him as a Republican candidate, she said, “Once he started to run, I thought it was a joke because he was a Democrat and fairly liberal, so running as a Republican and igniting and inflaming some of the radical right passions that his words and actions have permitted. They are dangerous.”

“We are in trouble”,  Rice added when asked of her opinion of the first impression he made on her. “He plans to run the country like a business.”

“He is still pursuing his extremely conservative, isolationist agenda that can only lead to internal discord and international strife.  He is going to head us backwards environmentally; has appointed incompetents to many positions, or those who supported him but have no qualifications for the job they have been selected for”, Rice claimed.

She also seemed very concerned with Trump’s recent executive order on immigration, which is currently causing a national stir, “This ban goes against everything that our country stands for. Some of those being excluded are refugees from the ravages of discord in Syria, as well as other Muslim majority countries. This will likely allow those who want to harm us, ISIS, to point to the discrimination as proof that we are the devil; it will galvanize the forces and cause us more harm than good”, she said.

When asked about the continuation of the two oil pipelines being built, the Keystone XL, and the Dakota Access Pipeline, which has been under strife due to the possible invasion of sacred Native American land and contamination of their water source.

Rice went on to say,  “Keystone XL pipeline is a mistake. The platform off the Gulf Coast is just another opportunity for big oil to ruin our resources.  As for the Dakota pipeline, the fact that it runs through sacred territory should be enough for him to have kept his hands off of it.”

Professor Rice explained her concerns that many other Americans have about the first few executive decisions our new President has made.