A Look Ahead At The 2020 Election

The 2020 election is steadily approaching and many Democrats such as Democrats like Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, and Elizabeth Warren are taking a chance against Trump in 2020.
Some students at Bucks have been closely following their campaigns, while others are ignoring this upcoming election. The elephant in the room is whether or not Trump will have a chance again for a second term, or if he will be vulnerable in 2020.
Some students at Bucks do not have enough faith for voters to not choose Trump again. For example, Francesca Descano, 19, who is majoring in communications, said “I hope he doesn’t have a chance, but I don’t have much faith in America to not vote him again, and unless Democrats can pull something together, I fear that many still favor Trump over others.”
Some also believe that the Democrats do not have a chance against Trump at all. One student who believes Trump will stand strong in the 2020 election is Katie Pugh, age 25 from Glenside, PA.
While speaking with Katie, she told me, “I believe Trump has a very good chance of winning in 2020. Citizens that voted for Trump in 2016 believe that he has done an unprecedentedly great job at running our country thus far. I believe the Democratic nominations will not have enough support in one outstanding candidate to give President Trump a fair fight to win the presidency in 2020.”
While students fear and have preparations for Trump’s possible win in 2020, others believe Trump will be vulnerable.
Trump may have let down some of his supporters, according to, Taylor Bucknum, who is age 19 from Levittown, PA. Bucknum believes Trump will be vulnerable in this upcoming election. She said, “His supporters may feel let down over the government shutdown, and still not having a wall.” Although she “hasn’t been following the race closely,” she feels “anyone can come to this conclusion.”
While some students believe Trump will be vulnerable in this election, others believe Trump may still have a chance in 2020.
Trump still has the support of many voters, according to Tyler Reed, who is 20 from Levittown, PA, majoring in Science. Reed stated, “I think Trump has a chance due to the fact a lot of people agree with the angles he believes in. I haven’t been very involved in any election to date, mainly because I have most of my time occupied with school/work/general responsibilities.”
Sometimes students seclude themselves from politics because it’s a “hot button issue.” The differences in political views worry them.
Cherry Kivumbi, who is 22 and majoring in communications, has not been paying attention at all. She said, “Politics end up being a hot button issue.”
To add on, Cherry believes Trump being elected again is “unlikely because people who voted last term seemed to not like the candidates, and if a candidate does not have a lot of scandal to their name, he/she could most likely win.”
Another student who removes herself from anything politically related is Gabbi Nader, who is 18 and majoring in History. Gabbi confessed, “I tend to not follow politics in fear of others making me feel ashamed for my political views, and that not many people can come together to find a resolution.”
Not only do some students at Bucks believe Trump has a chance to be re-elected for another term, “The Daily Beast” believes, “Trump should have a 70% Chance of Winning in 2020”.
In an online newspaper article written by Clifford Young and Chris Jackson, stated, “Trump Should have a 70% Chance of Winning in 2020,” they added, “This prediction comes from our analysis of more than 500 elections,… With Trump’s current 44% percent approval rating, he should have about a 70 percent chance of winning in 2020.”
The opinions of Trump winning, or becoming vulnerable in 2020 is still a big question for students at Bucks, but what we should be asking ourselves is something simpler: “Trump 2020: Scared or Prepared?”