Where do the 2020 Democratic Candidates Stand?

With the election coming up, citizens are trying to decide who will be the best possible candidate for the democratic party. With about 20 candidates running for office, the options for the public are vast.
One of the more popular choices is Joe Biden given his past experience as vice president and as a senator. William Pezza, a political science professor at Bucks, says that Biden will have the best chance with moderate Democrats.
Moderates believe that Biden has a more practical outlook on various topics such as an idea to create a voluntary buyback program for assault weapons instead of banning them out right. Others think that he would be a safe bet with his name recognition and past experience in U.S. politics, especially as vice president.
Biden is currently leading in the democratic primaries with a 24 percent, though that number did drop down 5 percent in mid-August. Biden may have an edge when the primaries take place since 49 percent of voters say that they fear nominating a candidate who is too liberal.
Other options for democratic voters that are looking for candidates promising more change will likely lean towards Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. Both of their stances are on the notation that there needs to be significant changes to the economy in order to make an impact that will last.
One of these proposed changes is for college tuition to be free throughout the entirety of a student’s academic plan in contrast to Joe Biden who only supports the idea of two years of college cost free. Sanders and Warren are also keen on banning oil fracking and off shore drilling on both federal and private owned land.
Warren currently stands at 18 percent in recent polls, climbing up from 14 percent and is the closest behind Biden for the lead. Sanders is nearly tied with Warren with 17 percent, which rose from 15 percent which he had last month.
Support for both Biden and Sanders is mostly predictable by age demographics, while support for Warren is highly predictable by both the education and race of the voters.
None of the other 20 candidates have reached 10 percent in the polls with Kamala Harris having 8 percent, Pete Buttigieg with 6 percent, and Beto O’Rouke with 5 percent. All the other democratic candidates aren’t polling above 2 percent.
Warren also saw growth in her support from people who said that beating Trump in the election is most important from 15 percent to 21 percent.
Pezza commented on who he believed had the best chance for the Democratic nomination. While he thinks that it is still unclear and it all depends on, “Whose loyalists will show up.”
Pezza closed by saying, “I wouldn’t be surprised if a woman or a person of color was on the ballad come election time.”
While the election isn’t for about a year, discussions about the candidates won’t halt anytime soon.