Local Halloween Festivities

Don’t be afraid to join in on Halloween festivities this year as some are still being held, just be cautious and considerate. Bucks County has yet to give official guidance about the safety of trick-or-treating, but there are still many festive fall functions to attend.

The Lower Bucks Drive-Thru Halloween House Tour, ending Nov. 1, is one example of a safe community events being held. There are 121 decorated spots and seven different suggested routes to take, and one wouldn’t even have to leave their car to enjoy. For more information on routes, visit “The Lower Bucks Drive-Thru Halloween House Tour” Facebook event page.

On Oct. 31 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. there will be a trick-or-treat trail in Langhorne Borough. Local businesses will be giving out goodies for the trick-or-treaters, and there will also be a costume contest.

Middletown is hosting an event in the municipal building, the “Middletown Drive-Thru Trick-or-Treat Extravaganza” on Oct. 29 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. It’s a free event where to drive around the Middletown Municipal Center wearing a costume and collect bags of Halloween goodies.

The Bristol fire house is hosting a similar event. On Oct. 31 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., you can pull up to the Bristol fire house and pick up a bag of goodies from the safety of the car.

Peddlers’ Village is also holding Halloween events until Oct. 31. While they won’t be having their usual trick-or-treating event, costume wearing will still be encouraged, masks required. While at the event, you can also sign up for the Murder Mystery Walk-in tour.

For younger kids ages 1-12 still wanting to trick-or-treat safely, the Quakertown Farmers Market is hosting their trick-or-treating through the market event on Oct. 24 between the hours of 1p.m. and 3p.m. Masks are required and waiting in line before the event is not encouraged.

Afterwards, the market is having a free showing of the movie “Goosebumps 2” at 7:30 p.m. Space is limited and guests are expected to bring their own chairs.

If trains are something you enjoy, go to the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad. They offer two events, one for all ages and one for adults, both on trains. The adult ride is focused on scaring the passengers while the

“Trick-or-Treat Trains” are designed for children. Masks are required for the train and tickets cost $49.99, not including tax. For more information about scheduling a ride. visit the New Hope Railroad website.

Shady Brook Farms in Yardley is still open, offering all kinds of events like hayrides, corn mazes, and pumpkin picking. They also have live music throughout the weekend. Trick-or-treat safely this year!