Remembering Christine Englehardt

Alyssa Moore
Photo courtesy of Christine’s GoFundMe page

Christine Englehardt, a former Bucks student who died while on spring break in Miami on March 18, is being remembered as a gifted student and a warm, caring friend by those who knew her.

Englehardt, 24, was found dead in the Albion Hotel. Two men have been arrested in connection with her death.

Englehardt graduated from Council Rock North in 2014. She began classes at Bucks to take the next steps in starting a career in health sciences.

As well as studying to become a nurse, Englehardt also had aspirations to one day become a Spanish interpreter. According to her obituary, Englehardt was fluent in Spanish and could be heard singing or speaking in Spanish.

Bucks Professor Arlene Toro, who was lucky enough to have Englehardt as a student, remembered her as “charismatic and resolved.”

“Her linguistic performance was impeccable from the minute students began to interact in Spanish,” said Toro. “Her passion for learning Spanish was remarkable.”

Toro continued to praise Englehardt’s passion for learning, “I will never forget she asked me if I could speak with her at the end of class. Christine spoke without hesitation and asked if I could help her switch into an advanced Spanish level. That day, I knew I had one of the finest language students a professor could aspire to teach.”

According to Toro, Englehardt was waiting to take the advanced Spanish class in the upcoming fall 2021 semester.

A GoFundMe page was created to help Englehardt’s family. With an original goal of $20,000, it has earned more than $60,000.

“Anyone who knows this beautiful girl knows that she had the biggest heart there was and her laugh was nothing short of memorable,” wrote Englehardt’s friend, Samantha DiFrancesco, on the GoFundMe page she organized for the family.

“She would do anything for a person in need and was always fun to be around no matter what.”

Another friend of Englehardt’s, Hailey Davis, remembered her in a Facebook post.

“I can’t believe we didn’t get to say goodbye,” Davis’ post read. “You’ve helped me through so much.”

Englehardt was also a manager at the local Jules Thin Crust in Newtown.

Jules Thin Crust posted a tribute to Englehardt, saying, “She was a shining light in our company and will be missed immensely. Her smile, her laugh, and her wonderful energy will always be cherished and remembered.”

Englehardt’s compassion and upbeat personality were further highlighted in her obituary.

“She lit up a room with her vibrant energy; her laugh was contagious, just like her huge heart. She cared for people and would go out of her way to help anyone. She was full of positive energy and was loved by all that came in contact with her,” it read.

The obituary went on to share a little more about who Englehardt was beyond how she treated others.

“Christine was a huge fan of Disney and the New Jersey Shore. She spent countless summer days soaking up the sun at the beach. She loved animals and enjoyed an active lifestyle.”

Bucks, as well as the surrounding community, mourns the loss of such a bright soul.