Men’s golf coach on fall season

The Bucks County Community College men’s golf season just ended earlier this month after a successful fall run.
Coach Scott Bradshaw said this was one of the better teams that the school has seen in recent years.

“We’ve had a very, very successful season,” he said.

After cruising through the regular season, the six members of the team and Bradshaw set their sights on the Pennsylvania Collegiate Athletic Association state tournament.

After a good effort and some outstanding individual performances, the Centurions eventually fell short of first place, but placed 5th statewide at the PCAA on Oct. 11.

“The Fall was really competitive,” said Bradshaw. “Sometimes you don’t get the best of the best but this season we played some good teams.”

The Championships were held at Penn National Resort in Fayetteville, Pennsylvania.

“It was wide open, where you could make a mistake or two and recover but it wasn’t too fun,” Bradshaw commented about the course.

“We had two guys who shot really well that day; Bob Monahan and Mike May,” he said.

Monahan shot a 79 on the course, which was good enough for 13th place, and May shot an even par 72, which placed him in 7th.

“There were 40 total golfers, so you can see that Bucks represented themselves very well,” said Bradshaw.
Monahan, a 20 year old from Levittown, agreed with Bradshaw on the season. “Yeah, I mean this season was really great. As for the PCAA, that was my first time playing there, and I played really well,” said the science major.

Coach Bradshaw made it clear that golf isn’t just about hitting a ball, walking to it, then going home, which is what some people seem to think.

“People think golf is easy. It’s not; both on and off the course. The meets are usually an all-day event, and sometimes overnight events,” he said. “We could be gone for three days. It’s a huge commitment on behalf of the boys, and I’m proud of them for sticking it out.”

“You know everybody is busy with school and with work, so factor that in with the amount of time golf takes, and you have a very huge event,” he said.

“At the end of the season, you want to be playing your best golf, and that’s what these boys did,” he added.

Also on the team were Tim Smith, Jarret Neeley, Jeremy Thomas, and Rich Toth. Coach Bradshaw said that he’ll be losing some of the team next season but he hopes to keep up the momentum from this year.

If you are interested in trying out or playing during the spring season contact         Scott Bradshaw at                   [email protected].