Women’s basketball welcomes new coach

Buck’s women’s basketball team welcomes their fourth new coach in four seasons, Lori Sullivan, who plans to develop a tradition of excellence in the shadow of the team’s 2-12 record and a light roster.
The team is currently still looking for players however, to start practice this week. The team needs 10 players on its roster to be complete.
Part of the problem lies in the constant loss of players. With Buck’s being a two year school, most players only last a season or two.
The first two seasons had the same nine players, two of which were over 6 feet tall and another was 5 feet 9 inches.
Two of those players graduated and went on to play for Rutgers-Newark and West Chester University.
By the third season, the team had a completely new roster and set of coaches.
Assistant Athletic Director, Coach Justin Burroughs, said “There are no real rivalries as of yet for woman’s basketball. Every game is big since they are still in the early stages of development.”
Burroughs believes that “They want to create a competitive atmosphere and hopefully challenge for a playoff spot. Burroughs also said “The biggest thing for the team will be getting more people out of the team.”
This is the team’s third year as a varsity sport.
If you are interested in joining this team and want to talk to the coach, contact Sullivan at (215) 968-8443 Ext: 8443 or email her at [email protected]