The Lady Centurions fought an uphill battle all season.

The Lady Centurion’s basketball season was not one to remember as they struggled mightily because of height, injuries, and lack of practice time that took them to a 2-15 record with their two wins coming in forfeits by the other team.

The winless season was not one because of a lack of effort, however as their head coach Lori Sullivan pointed out.

“The team had ups and downs as do all teams, but the team worked hard all season and played well together,” Sullivan said.

The season started out on the wrong foot when the team lost a lot of its valuable practice time during the preseason because of Hurricane Sandy.

“I thought we did not get enough time for us to really discover an identity and that hurt us going forward, Sullivan said.

The coach was optimistic aspiring for a 500 record, but even more so wanted to see some improvement.

When asked if she at least got the latter of those two things Sullivan responded with, “Definitely, they came together as a team, worked together fed off one another and it was very good to see by the end of the season.”

The team got better with each game and progressed in different areas as goals were set for each game such as less turnovers or better rebounding.  Unlike many teams, no one performance stood out from the pack.

“Each girl contributed something different to the team that made us a team,” Sullivan said when asked if any players stood out this season.

They have their own personality and different ability that they bring to the game. We are a team, not individual players. The team would feed off of a player that was able to have a good game”.

As the team’s record shows there may have been something missing that they needed to ascend to a higher level of play.

“Being a community college, it is very difficult to get the girls to be at all practices, Sullivan said. We had the team for all the games, but practices were very difficult to conduct when the team wasn’t all there.”

One major positive that came from this season was the chance to play in a tournament during the Christmas break. The teams was not initially picked to play, but got their chance when some other teams dropped out due to scheduling circumstances.

“We performed well, Sullivan said. Of course our opponents were way over our heads and it was just like the regular season where we were losing by a lot, but it was still a good experience.

The experience was good for the girls because it caused them to aspire for goals they might not have if they did not.

Going into next season most of the team returns, except for senior guard Nicole Nasta who will be moving on. The team will be conducting training exercises in the offseason and Sullivan invites anyone interested in playing next season to come out and participate.

“We hope to play more games while still having fun representing Bucks,” said Sullivan on her predictions for next season.