Super Bowl blowout is a snooze of a game

Over 112 million people tuned into Super Bowl 48 last week to watch the complete dismemberment of the Denver Broncos, courtesy of the uprising Seattle Seahawks.

Even if you were one of those people who tuned out after Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers, Super Bowl 48 was the most watched Super Bowl of all time, with 112.2 million viewers. (Source: The Hollywood Reporter)

Bruno Mars and the legendary Red Hot Chili Peppers came on stage while Seattle was up 22-0 on the best offense the league has seen in decades.

Denver never had a chance for the rest of the game against Seattle’s #1 ranked defense in the NFL and left MetLife Stadium with a crushing 43-8 defeat.

The 35-point blowout win by the Seahawks is the third largest win in Super Bowl history.

Many experts on ESPN.com predicted that the Broncos would win.  They clearly did not account for the Seahawks defense.

The game surprised almost everyone.  Seattle completely dominated the Broncos in every aspect of the game, from Peyton Manning’s first snap to the final whistle.

Some people became so uninterested in the game that they turned it off after the halftime show.  “I’m more of a soccer fan, so I became very uninterested very quickly,” said Gina Artillio.

With all the hype that the game was getting, most people were very let down by the result.  “It was probably one of the worst Super Bowls I’ve ever seen,” says Tim Dore.

Tyler Lewandowski added, “All I can say is, wow, Denver looked horrible.”

The final score of the game really surprised some people, like Matt Pierson and Brian Kelley.  “I was surprised that the Broncos’ offense was unable to surmount to any sort of offense at all, but Seattle proved that defense wins Championships,” said Pierson.

“The Seattle defense was unbelievable; being able to stop a legend like Peyton Manning from doing what he’s been doing to teams his entire career,” added Kelley.

Some people say that with Peyton Manning coming up short once again on the biggest stage, it will affect his legacy as one of the best quarterbacks of all time. Some people like Jon Park think differently.

“You can’t judge his legacy by just a couple postseason games; you have to look at what he’s done throughout his entire career. Your legacy is about everything you’ve been able to accomplish. And he has won a Super Bowl, and appeared in two more.”

With a win against the Seahawks, Peyton would’ve become the first starting quarterback in history to win a Super Bowl with two different teams. But Manning will now have to wait until next year to try again.

There have been a lot of questions leading up to, as well as after the Super Bowl regarding Peyton coming back next season. He has told reporters on multiple occasions that the game’s result would not affect his decision on coming back.

After having multiple neck surgeries over the past few years, he has a physical next month, where his doctor will make the decision on whether Peyton should continue to play or hang up his cleats at the age of 37.

Many believed that he had a great chance of beating the Seahawks, but the tenacious Seattle defense proved to be too much for the greatest offense in NFL history.

Give the Seattle defense credit.  They proved that they were more than capable of slowing down Peyton Manning and the high-powered Broncos offense. They proved all of the doubters wrong, and shined on the NFL’s biggest stage.

Richard Sherman is one of the better-known football players in the NFL. He has been arguably the best corner in the league since he was drafted back in 2011 out of Stanford.

We all know what he said after his big play to clinch the NFC title against the 49ers. Believe it or not, he made just $550,000 this past season. That is unheard of, especially for an elite player like Sherman.

Seattle will be great for a long time.  They are the 4th youngest team to ever win a Super Bowl, with an average age of 26 years and 175 days.

It really goes to show what good scouting and drafting can do for a team in the short, as well as long term. They are nowhere near going over the cap in salary, since most players are making around what Sherman makes.

The Seahawks’ team has a young core.  With the help of head coach Pete Carroll they are already planning for next season.  This hasn’t been done since the New England Patriots in 2004 and 2005.

With the game being played outdoors in a cold weather climate for the first time, the biggest concern heading into the game was if the weather would be a factor or not.

Forecasters were originally calling for snow, ice, and temperatures in the 20s.  By game time the weather had changed drastically from the predictions, and was played in 40 degree weather.

Even without the snow, Peyton Manning and the Broncos just couldn’t overcome the Seattle Seahawks and their now-famous defense. The Legion of Boom will now be synonymous with championship gold and the Lombardi Trophy.