Mark Sanchez: King of Philly?

After soaring to another victory at the hands of backup quarterback Mark Sanchez, many fans have begun to feel a higher level of comfort in the journeyman, and his abilities to keep the eagles atop of the NFC East.

Sanchez became the talk of the town after trouncing the Carolina Panthers by a 24 point margin, where he threw 332 yards, earning him a 102.5 quarterback rating. This leaves him just behind Packers quarterback Aaron Rogers, who holds the record of 106.2.

Many football fans have attributed the success of Sanchez to better coaching, more weapons and more experience. However his days with the Jets have still impacted many Eagles fans views of the 28 year old quarterback.

“From my part of New Jersey, there were a lot of jets and giants fans, and it was strange to see someone come in and be so well liked, to being one of the least popular players in the league”, said Ariel Zayas, 19, a Jersey native and communications major.

“Now people act as if he’s already a franchise quarterback down here” said Zayas, who seemed skeptical of the young quarterback. “He had stretches of success down with the jets too, and we all remember how that turned out.”

Ryan Skiersis, sports management major, said the eagles are enjoying a new and improved version of Mark Sanchez, as well as a quarterback on a much better team. “330 yards is just good offense” said Skiersis. “He has so many more weapons here than he did in New York, plus just a better offensive coach, and a system that’s practically built for him”.

Due to the amount of success Sanchez has had thus far, fans have begun to call for a permanent move to Sanchez at quarterback. Skiersis wasn’t ready to call Sanchez a permanent fit just yet, however he did talk about the possibility in the future. “If he plays like this into the playoffs, and everything runs this smoothly, I don’t know how you couldn’t start him, but that’s the key, he has to be this good every week.”

According to Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach Chip Kelly, Sanchez still has a lot to prove before he can be rightfully deemed the savior of Philly. “I didn’t think we played well offensively at all,” Kelly told csnphilly.com

“I just didn’t think we were very consistent overall,” said Kelly. “I think we could have sustained some drives. We missed a couple of key conversions in short yard situations.”

After the Eagle’s crushing 53-20 defeat at the hands of the Green Bay Packers this past weekend many are questioning if Sanchez has what it takes to go all the way.

Sanchez threw two interceptions in Sunday’s game the worst being a 52-yard interception return for a touchdown.