Men’s soccer looks on to a successful post-season

Off to a tremendous start, the Men’s Soccer team is looking to roll their successful season over into the playoffs.
With their standout star Reynaldo Banillo tied for first in the nation for total goals in community colleges and Moritz “Mo” Bruenjes at 14 in the nation with eight total goals the Centurions are looking at post season success.
On Banillo’s achievements, Coach Justin Burroughs says “Some credit has to go to the rest of the team for setting him up.” Though, with 23 goals, a lot of credit has got to go the goal-scorer. “…his composure around the net really makes him dangerous” said Burroughs.
After a tough 5-1 loss to Mercer County Community College, the Centurions bounced back only losing one of their next nine games. One game resulted in a 2-2 tie to the Middlesex County College.
Two games you should be looking out for, they are playing their big rivals at Montgomery County Community College, Thursday Oct. 1, and are playing the Northampton Community College at home on Tuesday Oct. 6.
Our team has scored 61 goals thus far this year, 10 goals behind the number one spot in the nation.
Our own Centurions are lighting it up this year tied for the no. 8 spot in the nation for overall record. They are second in assists, first in penalty kicks and first in shots on goal. Our offense is an absolute frenzy on the field.
Yet, they couldn’t have done it on their own of course, in an interview with the 11-year veteran, Coach Justin Burroughs had to point out “Our defense does a great job, without them doing so well, we wouldn’t be nearly as successful.” Their defense and goalkeeping has already had 4 shutouts this season, third in the nation for that.
Coach really stresses the team’s work ethic, “Hard work” being the main reason for their success, “…we’ve really been trying to push each other.” Seems like all their hard work is really paying off, let’s hope they continue it in their road to the playoffs.
The players strive to not only win on the field, but transition to four-year schools after the season. Several of the players are hoping to attend Division one teams.
The players certainly couldn’t have achieved their success without their coach. In fact, Burroughs just reached a very impressive milestone; coaching 100 men’s soccer wins for the Centurions.
As the men close out their season and move into the playoffs they encourage any and all students to come show their support.