Birds Flying High With Huge 8-1 Record in NFL First Half

The Eagles are flying high with an 8-1 record, and do not seem to be landing anytime soon. As legitimate threat in the NFL, the birds have shown through the first half of the season that they are arguably the best team in the league.

The offense, led by MVP front-runner Carson Wentz, is already one of the best in the league. With the 2nd best scoring offense in the league at 31.4 points per game, 13th ranked pass offense, and 5th running the football.

Despite this, the Eagles were not completely satisfied, making a blockbuster trade for Dolphins young Pro Bowl running back Jay Ajayi for a 4th round pick.

Before Ajayi even played his first game, the move sent a buzz throughout the organization and its fans.

Ajayi did his part in raising those hopes in his first game by running the ball 8 times for 77 yards, capping it off with a 46 yard touchdown against a Denver Broncos defense that has long been considered one of the best in the league.

MVP candidate Carson Wentz is having a year, throwing for a league leading 23 touchdown passes. Wentz’s Houdini like tricks when escaping sacks is making him not only one of the most exciting young players in the league, but also one of the most dangerous.

Sports Management Major, Darren Foy, 19, stated, “Carson is a beast.” He added, “Dude is the g.o.a.t. (greatest of all time).” Foy continued explaining by saying, “He’s the best in the league right now.” He added, “He does things you don’t see anyone else doing. He’s just amazing I don’t know what else to say.”

The Eagles defense has been the most surprising aspect of the team this far sitting at 11th in total defense. The defensive front led by All-Pro Fletcher Cox is keeping runners at bay, only allowing 66.4 rush yards per game which is tops in the league.

Passing defense meanwhile sits at a pedestrian 25th, but comes with a few drawbacks. Ronald Darby the team’s starting cornerback looks to make his return after the bye to join surprise standout CB Jalen “Green Goblin” Mills. With Darby back in the rotation the pass defense looks to improve dramatically.

This 8-1 record makes the Eagles the best in the league, but still doesn’t make them a lock for the playoffs as the birds take on the Dallas Cowboys in Arlington in a heated rivalry sure to entertain.

The Eagles also still have to face the always tough Seattle Seahawks, the desperate Oakland Raiders, a Chicago Bears team that could end up being a trap game, and the most improved team in the LA Rams.

Business Major, Corey Magid, 20, stated when asked about the outlook for the rest of the year, “If you take into consideration any hurdles we have to go through, and barring any injuries, we could make it to the Super Bowl.”

With the Eagles playing the way they are right now, they may just have a chance.