Will the Eagles Finally Do It or Let the Students Down Once Again?

Eagles at Redskins 9/10/17

Eagles at Redskins 9/10/17

KeithAllisonPhoto.com

KeithAllisonPhoto.com

Eagles at Redskins 9/10/17

Madison Helsen, Centurion Staff

The Philadelphia Eagles currently own the best record in the NFL at 8-1. The last time the Eagles won seven straight games in a single season was back in 2004.

Doug Pederson was named Eagles head coach 22 months ago, announcing he would call the offensive plays, leaving fans doubtful. In year two, Pederson has silenced fans and completely elevated the season leading his team to seven consecutive wins.

Eagles quarterback, Carson Wentz, is the youngest NFL QB since 1950 to throw 23 plus touchdowns through nine games at just 24. In his latest game, Wentz threw for four touchdown passes against the Denver Broncos prolific defense.

Wide receiver Alshon Jeffery stated “The sky is the limit, man.” He added, “We’re just working real hard, taking whatever the defense gives us.” Jeffery also said, “We’re trying to execute on every play working as a team.”

Eagles fever is definitely spreading throughout Bucks campus more every week. Excitement of reaching the playoffs becomes more of a reality after every win.

Most Bucks students seem to have the same opinion when it comes to the Eagles making the playoffs such as Trevor Naskiewicz, 18, marketing major, stated “I have full blown Eagles fever!” He added, “Everyone in Bucks is bleeding green right now.” Naskiewicz continued by saying, “My mom is even trying to book a hotel in Minnesota for the Super Bowl, and they didn’t even make it yet.” He added, “I am really hopeful, and have much love for my team”

Another Bucks Student, Brianna Brock, 20, nursing major, feels the same as Trevor by saying, “I’m excited for the Eagles to possibly make it to the playoffs.” She added, “I’m trying to keep hope because they have let me down in the past years but they have a strong team this year, and I am super excited to see what they can do.” Brock continued by saying, “Making it to the Super Bowl would be a dream come true for Philly fans.” She added, “Everyone would be seen wearing green, and people would be going nuts.”

It is quite obvious that Bucks students are hopeful for a positive outcome, but still skeptical.

Lucas Piscitelli, another local Bucks student with a “bleed green” attitude by saying “I am believing in them to go all the way, but am still a little cautious.” He added, “I’ve gotten my hopes up a lot for the Eagles, to only end up being disappointed when they lose.” Piscitelli finished by saying, “I’m extremely hopeful that this time is going to be different.” He added, “Fly Eagles fly man!”

The Eagles upcoming game takes place November 11 against the Dallas Cowboys. Countless students are eager for this game, hoping the Eagles crush the Cowboys with seven games remaining in the regular season.

Bucks County Community College is full of die-hard Eagles fans. No matter what happens, they are happy their team has made it this far!

• Will the Eagles Finally Do It or Let the Students Down Once Again?

There’s a Historic Number of Women Running for Office Across America – and They’re Winning

Arts and Entertainment

One-Woman Show Looks at Alcoholism & Recovery

Two Women Charged With Hacking Bucks Computer Systems

Sports

Bucks Centurions Finish Second In Eastern PA Conference, Make Region XIX Playoffs Again

Sports

An Uphill Battle For Men’s Basketball Team With 2-6 Start

Sports

Women’s Soccer Finishes Out Season with 10-6 Record

Features

Why You Should Care About Net Neutrality

Features

Journalism Faces Threats of Fake News and Ad Duopoly in New Digital Age

Racist and Homophobic Incidents At Local Public Schools Draw Concern from Administrators, Anti-Hate Groups

Arts and Entertainment

Will Regal’s Higher Pricing for Higher Quality Repel Students?