Bucks Centurions Finish Second In Eastern PA Conference, Make Region XIX Playoffs Again

Dave Kuebler

The Bucks Men’s Soccer team had another solid season this year with a record of 11-7-1. The Centurions finished second in the Eastern PA Athletic Conference, and made the Region XIX playoffs.

Bucks has had a long history of success in men’s soccer, making the playoffs in 10 of the last 11 seasons.

Bucks has also achieved a national ranking, while dealing with transfers the Centurions have still been able to add multiple championships to their trophy case in arguably the toughest Region in the country.

The Centurions were forced to alter the starting lineup on a regular basis after a season riddled by injuries as well as scheduling conflicts that forced several players to miss a large chunk of the season after two players had to take classes only offered during the time of the games.

The team was very balanced, with many second year players providing experience, in addition to several talented first year guys to round out the squad. The experienced Centurions were still able to boast a 10-game winning streak in the middle of the season.

Among those players, a few of them were rewarded with Regional and Conference honors. All-EPAC first team honors went to: Darius Czneriak (Midfielder), Igor Lupisella (Defender), Josiah Thompson (Goalkeeper), Joseph Berry (Forward).

All-Region second team was rewarded to Josiah Thompson, Howard Haas (Defender) and third team honors for Igor Lupisella. Thompson was second in voting for All-Conference and was nationally ranked in saves and save percentage.

A few of the highs during this season were big wins against then nationally ranked Rowan College at Gloucester County, Manor College, and a playoff win against Delaware County Community College.

Head Coach Justin Burroughs talked about the focal points for his team by saying, “We value doing things the right way on and off the field, which includes grades, behavior, and community service.”

Burroughs message was far more than just words, as reflected by the team’s efforts in aiding the less fortunate.  The Centurions spent hours committed to community outreach, with services at the Ronald McDonald House visiting with kids and their families, and making utensils for the local homeless shelter, all taking place on their own time.

Coach Burroughs summed up his team’s season fondly by saying, “We had a good season that I am proud of.” He added, “I’m not sure if we overachieved, but we did obtain some of the goals that we set for the season.”

Burroughs talked about the upcoming season by saying, “With a strong freshman class, we are set to make another run at the highly coveted Regional championship.”

• Bucks Centurions Finish Second In Eastern PA Conference, Make Region XIX Playoffs Again

Newtown Campus Bipartisan Event Highlights Importance of Student Political Involvement

Centurion Staff Cleans Up at the 2018 Keystone Press Awards

Around Bucks County

Bucks Men’s Basketball Team Defeated 80-93 In Playoffs

• Around Bucks County

Women’s Basketball Team Finishes Season Feeling Disappointed With Results, But Hopeful

Bucks’ Annual Journalism Forums Are Right Around the Corner

Around Bucks County

Central Bucks Students Protest Gun Violence

Around Bucks County

A Sit Down with Bucks Instructor and Congressional Candidate Steve Bacher

Features

Bucks Students on Parkland Shooting

What To Do With Nick Foles?

We’re from Philly. No One Likes Us, We Don’t Care!