Women’s Soccer Finishes Out Season with 10-6 Record

The Bucks women’s soccer team of 2017 made a lasting impact on the program that will continue to build towards its future endeavors. With their overall successes and failures, this is their season wrap up.

Bucks ended the regular season with a record of 10-6 overall, 8-4 in the region and 5-1 in the conference earning them a share of the EPAC Championship with Northampton Community College.

The Lady Centurion soccer team traveled to Kean University and faced Union County College on Saturday, Oct. 21 in the quarterfinal round of the Region XIX Playoffs and unfortunately fell short to Union in a hard battle of 0-2.

Although it may have been the end to their season, their talent and heart achieved many accomplishments for the program.

To start off, they beat records within the years of the program itself. They had the most amount of wins the women’s team has ever accomplished in a season. Sophomore Forward, Brooklynn Smith, had most goals and points in a season and career.

Holly Bowser, Sophomore Goalkeeper, beat the program’s most shutouts for a season with six total shutouts and eight career shutouts, nearly leaving her to almost beating the men’s shutout record. The 2017 team also tied the program’s record with having the same amount of assists, a total seven.

Not only was the women’s team capable of exploiting their own program’s records but they achieved many awards for their conference and region as well. Smith, Sophomore Defender Macy Moors, and Bowser were all honored on EPAC Women’s Soccer All Conference Team that only a total of 11 women in the conference would make.

Smith was awarded Conference Player of the Year and Head Coach Matt Giordano was honored Co-Coach of the year with Head Coach of Northampton, Scott Cullen.

Four Lady Centurions were awarded REGION XIX Soccer All-Region Teams as well. Bowser and Freshman Midfielder Teresa Yeager were announced to Third Team All-Region, Moors to Second Team All-Region, and Smith to First Team All-Region.

Six of the Lady Centurions will be graduating this year, leaving nearly half of the team left for next season. Their hard work, dedication, and heart has created higher expectations for the women’s program in seasons to come and they will get back to work in the spring.