They Finally Did It! Students React to Eagles’ Super Bowl Championship

Eagles at Redskins 9/10/17

Keith Allison

Eagles at Redskins 9/10/17

Anthony DiRenzo

Philadelphia’s elusive Lombardi Trophy is coming home to the city of brotherly love, a day the city has been waiting for since 1960. The Eagles have won their first Super Bowl in franchise history, creating a bevy of emotions from the most passionate fans in all of sports.
With multiple injuries suffered on the Eagles squad throughout the year, the fan base is well aware how special this season was.
Joe Roatche, a journalism major at Bucks, said, “I can’t believe we actually won the super bowl.” He added, “Through all the injuries, the team scraped and clawed.” He finished by saying, “If there was ever an Eagles team that deserved to win this trophy, it was this one.”
Some students were not huge Eagles fans, but were still able to feel the energy and positive thoughts on the Eagles winning the trophy.
Will Frei, a journalism major at Bucks said, “It’s really good for them to win.” He added, “I’m a big Flyers fan, but for Philly sports it’s very emotional and captivating.”
Other fans remember the grit and grind it took for the Eagles to get through the season with enough help to capture the ultimate goal.
Julia Pacifico, also a journalism major, said, “It’s unbelievable.” She added, “When Carson went down, everyone thought our season was over.”
Philadelphia was able to beat New England in time of possession, a key to limiting the amount of drives Tom Brady was able to command down the field.
The key statistic of the game was defensive end Brandon Graham’s lone sack against the invisible pass rush of the Patriots which had zero. Graham strip sacked the greatest quarterback of all time to give the city of Philadelphia the ultimate gift.
Another student, Mason Sullivan, a business major, said, “Doug Pederson left it all out there.” He added, “He didn’t let Bill beat us at his own game!” Both the Eagles and Patriots set an NFL record for any postseason game in history by accumulating 1,151 total yards offensively.
Other fans could not find their words after the birds took care of business. Connor Palush, a Quakertown graduate, stated, “I can’t believe it man.” He added, “It’s hard to put into words.”
Fans full of utter excitement such as Nick Cass, a Quakertown High School graduate, said, “Philly, Philly!” He added, “We finally did it!”
Fans in the city immediately flooded Broad Street in Philadelphia after the thrilling victory over the Patriots. Crisco and many police officers were then put to work in trying to harness the chaos that ensued.
Thursday, Feb. 8, the world will encounter the biggest Super Bowl parade in history, as millions of fans will flood the city to participate in the madness.
Philadelphia plans a route leading to Rocky and the art museum steps where a sea of green will party like no city has ever partied before.

• They Finally Did It! Students React to Eagles’ Super Bowl Championship

The Right To Free Speech Protects Our Rights, Too

Sports

Eagles Pep Rally Held at Bucks

Worldwide Marches Show Path For Feminism

Doylestown Rises Against Trump & Sexism as 1000+ Women & Students March on Courthouse

Arts and Entertainment

“The Post” is a Timely Film on Secret Files, Feminism, and Free Speech

• Arts and Entertainment

Bucks Students Favorite V-Day Rom-Coms

Domestic Violence A Haunting Concern For Local Judge

Around Bucks County

Cyber Ready? Bucks Law Enforcement, Schools & Local Governments Gear Up Against Online Threats

Zlock First Amendment Forum Raises Questions Over Protests

Sports

The Eagles are World Champions!