Sixers Make Push For NBA Finals

The Sixers have made big changes this season. Such as making trades to bring in players such as Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris to help this Sixers team take the next step and compete for a championship.
The Sixers owner Joshua Harris went on to state “It would be very problematic if the Sixers were to make an early exit in the playoffs.” Butler and Harris both will be free agents this summer. The Sixers could find themselves in Luxury tax purgatory if both players command the max salary, which would pay each of them north of $32 million a season. The Sixers gave up a lot to get these players and it will be very depressing to see them leave for nothing.
I asked Bucks Student Stephen Rhoades his opinion on the addition of Harris and Butler.
Rhoades said, “This is a clear big move to make, it shows their going all in on this season.”
The Sixers boast one of the most potent starting five lineups in the NBA with: Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, and J. J. Redick. This lineup is sure to cause havoc in the playoffs, all these players besides Simmons are averaging over 17 points per game.
This lineup is going to be very hard to stop. Embiid and Simmons bring the strength which is going to be hard for the opposing matchup.
Butler and Harris bring shot creation meaning they can create their own shot at will. Redickis a knock down sharp shooter who spaces the floor and keeps the defense honest because they can’t help off of him and has to chase him around a lot of screens, so whoever is going to be guarding Redick better bring an oxygen tank.
The starting lineup with these players is sure firepower and that is something that is going to be helpful while they are in this playoff run. The expectation for this team is to at least make the Eastern conference finals. The NBA finals are sure on the horizon for the Philadelphia Sixers.
But making the trip to the NBA finals will not be an easy one. The Philadelphia Sixers will have to go through some eastern conference foes such as the Toronto Raptors, Milwaukee Bucks, Indiana Pacers, and of course the Boston Celtics.
The Toronto Raptors have a new leader in their locker room named Kawhi Leonard who is arguably a top 3 player in the league. Milwaukee Bucks are led by MVP favorite Giannis Antetokounmpo who is averaging 27.5 points per game.
I also asked Rhoades who he believes will make it to the finals this year in the East with LeBron James out.
“I believe it is going to be either the Raptors with Kawhi leading the way or the Sixers if they get over the hump,” Rhoades.
The Indiana Pacers this year seem like the odd man out with their star player Victor Oladipo out with an injury, although the Pacers have kept a float with the rest of the teams here fighting for the top spot. The Boston Celtics are no stranger to the Philadelphia Sixers their rivalry goes all the way back to the 1960s.
I asked Rhoades if the Sixers should be worried to face the Celtics in the playoffs this is what he had to say “No because we added key all-star players to the team.” Stephen clearly feels confident with the construction of the team.
In recent history it seems the Boston Celtics have the Sixers numbers when they play together, so it would be best if we could avoid them in the first two rounds of the playoffs. But with the addition of adding guys like Butler and Harris that could change things, leading the Sixers into the NBA Finals.