Fan Reactions to the Eagles Front Office and the Draft

Photo courtesy Wikimedia Commons

The 2021 NFL Draft is fast approaching and there’s a lot of pressure on Philadelphia Eagles GM Howie Roseman this year. He’s faced criticism for past selections of players that have failed to pan out. Most notably recent 2020 selection of Jalen Reagor out of TCU over LSU wide Receiver Justin Jefferson has been a major headache for fans. Fans aren’t sure what to expect this year.

While originally having the 6th overall pick, the Eagles traded back to 12 with the Miami dolphins to secure an additional first round pick next year, along with a swap of mid round selections. This was surely done in an effort to rebuild the team with numerous holes and looking for the future rather than a win now mentality. There were mixed reactions from fans.

“The move back has me feeling indifferent. I like that we have 3 first round picks next year but I am upset about the possibility of missing guys like Jamaar Chase or Kyle Pitts. It feels like the Eagles have no desire or plan to win this year which bothers me considering how good they were a few years ago” said Evan Kruetzberg, 23.

“I’m happy they moved back because I thought they wanted to get that BYU Quarterback and I think that a QB competition is the last thing the team needs,” said Genesis Steliga, 22, a Bucks County resident.

“I’m not sure if they can make the right pick at 12 as easily as they could have at 6, but it was the right trade to help rebuild the team” said Thomas Schnieder, 23, a Bucks County resident.

One thing fans can agree on is General Manager Howie Roseman’s draft day struggles of the past. When asked if fans should have faith in Roseman on draft day, there were similar responses:

“I don’t really have a lot of faith but I know that if he botches the pick, he will without a doubt lose his job and his reputation will destroy him. He has to make a good pick to not only help the team but help himself,” said Evan Kruetzberg, 23.

“I don’t have much faith in Howie, his draft history in the past has been really poor. It’s too early to make the call about last year in the first round but so far it doesn’t look good” said Thomas Schnieder, 23, a Bucks County resident.

The pressure is on for owner Jeffrey Lurie and Howie Roseman this year. Fans aren’t able to take another disappointing season. Last year, Philadelphia finished 4-11 and at the bottom of the NFC East.

There’s a lot of questions going into this year, even at the quarterback position. The organization is apparently split on whether or not Jalen Hurts is a legitimate QB1, and we could see them take a quarterback in the Draft. Let’s hope for Philly Fans, as loyal as they are, are in for a better outcome this season.