Book Lovers United

The book club is a great place to meet new people. It’s a place to share your thoughts and opinions with others. It’s a forum for book lovers of all kinds.
You may not have known it, but Bucks has a Book Club. For 15 years now, students, and members of the community have been attending the Book Club during the Fall and Spring semesters to discuss writing of all kinds.
“We generally stick to fiction, although we have read some non-fiction and short stories. It’s mostly novels,” said Michael Hennessey, a professor of the Language and Literature department. “We are open to reading suggestions from anyone interested in participating.”
The Book Club has no dues, and meets on the second Thursday of every month in the Rollins Center Room 15 (next to the Fireside Lounge) from 7:30- 9 pm.
Discussions do not range just revolve around the book on the agenda that night. Many people turn the conversation to reference other writings, or film. Pointing out similarities or differences between the book on topic and other works. The group offers valid points on what the author could have done better or what plot lines worked to the author’s advantage.
“What we hope to do is gain greater insight into the books themselves. Reading it on your own is one thing, but having 8 or 10 other people giving their perspectives certainly enhances that insight,” Hennessey said.
You can join the group on Nov. 13, to discuss “Green Grass Grace” by first-time novelist Shawn McBride. The Philadelphia native will be there to join the discussion. The novel “Blessings” by Anna Qindlen will be discussed on Dec. 11.
For more information please contact Michael Hennessey at [email protected]