Day For All Woman is a Success

More than 400 women from around the area attended the “Day For All Women” at Bucks on Oct. 18.

It was a day created by women for women as a time to get together and share ideas.

The mission statement for A Day For All Women is to “empower women through the community which provides a forum for shared energy, values and lifelong learning through meaningful participation.”

Young and old were in attendance. Some were businesswomen, others were stay-at-home moms, most were there looking for something different.

Many women came for a wide variety of workshops. One example was “Wild and Wacky Women.” It focused on shifting ways of thinking to enhance creativity and fun.

Another demonstration was Reiki Energy Medicine – a how-to on stress reduction, and the natural healing of body and mind.

A popular forum was, “Ask the Experts,” where a team of physicians from St. Mary’s Medical Center discussed holistic care, heart disease, and breast cancer

Another was Paula Goldsmith’s, home based travel agency. She discussed owning your own business.

“I love the workshops, especially the Reiki Energy one because it’s so relaxing,” said Judy Elralh of Yardley. “I also came because I am looking for a new direction in my life and I need to get new ideas.”

“I came from Princeton, New Jersey just to be here,” said Tamaria Jakub. “It’s my third year here and I am having such a great time. We have nothing like this where I live.”

Director of Continuing Education James Sell was inspired by all of the women who showed up.

Keynote speaker Dr. Beth B. Dupree, a well-known breast cancer surgeon, talked about staying in balance with one’s life.

“We become so focused on ourselves that we don’t take time to enjoy the journey of life,” she said. “We don’t realize how important life is until you’re diagnosed with an illness like cancer.”

Dupree received a standing ovation after her speech.

The event, hosted by Bucks and the Bucks County Commissioner’s Advisory Council for Women, held an agency fair that included St. Mary’s Medical Center, Libertae Halfway & Family House, MADD, the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition, the Young Survival Coalition, YMCA of Bucks County, Tabor Children’s, Inc., and many others.

In addition to all the activities, the sponsors that supported the event included the Health Design Center at the Doylestown Hospital Health & Wellness Center, Magellan Behavioral Health, Sovereign Bank and Jones Apparel Group.