Bucks cafeteria loves veggies just as much as you do

Take your pick: vegetarian, vegan, raw, gluten-free, and allergic to nuts.

Whatever your preference, for people following an alternative diet plan, eating away from home can be difficult. The more limited one’s diet, the harder it is to grab something on the go. This can be particularly challenging for busy students who often face restrictions of both time and money.

Out of a random poll of 100 students, 27 said that they did not include meat in their diet. 22 students were gluten-free or gluten-sensitive, 13 were vegan, and six were allergic to nuts.

Fortunately, the Bucks Café and Grille provides a wealth of options for every dietary lifestyle.

For the vegetarian student, there is a host of options ranging from cheesy lasagnas to custom sandwiches featuring your choice of assorted fillings. Grilled vegetables abound, begging to be stuffed between two halves of a glossy-topped broche bun.

Try layering rich American cheese slices with your spread of choice (pesto, anyone?) and some grilled vegetables. Portabella mushrooms provide a meaty texture and pair well with the lighter flavors of yellow squash and zucchini.

For vegan students, simply eliminate the cheese and substitute grilled red onions for a flavor boost. Gluten-free students can bring slices of their preferred bread and order just the veggies! There is often a vegan soup option as well featuring fresh vegetables in a savory broth.

The Grille also offers a vegetarian/vegan black bean burger option for those days when you just want the classic burger-fry-ketchup combination. If you’re bored with the norm, swap the fries for onion rings and ranch dressing to shake things up.

When in doubt, the salad bar is a sure bet.

It provides a wonderful opportunity to get creative with your meals and move away from the more obvious greens-and-dressing routine.

For example, start with a nice pile of fresh spinach. Top it with freshly grilled veggies from the sandwich station.

The veggies will amp up the flavor factor and moisten the spinach, transforming it from traditional salad into something savory and unexpected. Throw in some cherry tomatoes to top off this healthy and delicious option.

For the more traditional among us, go for a tried-and-true salad, and pile on the veggies- baby corn, peppers, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Add shredded carrot and raisins for sweetness, and top it all off with your dressing of choice.

When life calls for a sweet treat, the Grille delivers.

There are a variety of fresh fruit cups available for purchase that can easily be dressed up to suit one’s preferences. Cottage cheese and raisins from the salad bar is an obvious choice for fresh melon hunks.

Sliced strawberries are transformed by a splash of balsamic, and carrots and grapes can be tossed with a creamy dressing to make an alternative slaw to please any palate.

The Bucks Café also features a coffee bar serving Starbucks coffee, and true to the coffee giant’s inclusive nature, soymilk is available as a dairy alternative. The Bucks Grille and Café provide a variety of options for virtually any lifestyle!