Digital Gaming Club is powering-up at Bucks

Despite the Digital Gaming Club’s shaky semester of searching for a new president, the club is still thriving and looking forward to an even better year of gaming at Bucks.’

When the previous club president left Bucks last semester with no successor in sight, it was nearly game over for the club.

After weeks of searching, the club found Roger Kuna, 19, a biology major. Kuna has stepped up as the new club president, and intends to make the club as great as it was last semester.

Kuna said the club’s mission is to, “Create an environment where people can express their passion [for gaming].”

Members will find themselves amongst other friendly and like-minded individuals, who will be able to play a wide range of games over several consoles that the club has acquired such as Game Cube, Wii, Nintendo 64 PlayStation 2 & 3 and Xbox.

An upcoming event for the club will be a “Fatal Frame” booth during Bucks’ Halloween celebration on Oct. 31 from noon to 2 p.m. Kuna said the club intends to fully immerse students in the infamous survival-horror game called “Fatal Frame” for a fun afternoon of thrills.

Kuna also expressed the club’s interest in hosting more campus-wide gaming tournaments at the college. Last year, the club was at the peak of their success when they hosted a gaming tournament that brought in nearly $300 for the club.

For this semester, one tournament that is currently in the works for the club is a “Student vs. Staff” tournament, where students will be able to face off with their favorite staff members in a variety of video games. There is no set date for this event at the time.

The club will also be hosting fundraisers and charities later this year, such as the Childs play Charity, which is focused on giving video games to children in hospitals.

As of now, the club is relatively small with only 11 members, but Kuna has hopes that the number will increase as the semester goes on.

In years past, the club had a dedicated membership. Just last year, the clubs membership doubled from 30 members to 60 in one semester alone.

Those interested in joining the Bucks gaming community, helping the club grow and thrive or just enjoy having fun with friends are urged to join. Meetings are held at Founders Hall in room 157 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:45 p.m.