Some students can’t handle the clubs at Bucks

With over 50 different clubs that Bucks has to offer, this year’s clubpalooza proved to be both a success and a letdown.
Bucks’ Clubpalooza event took place this past Tuesday, Jan 28 and Wednesday, Jan 29 on the second floor of the Rollins Center from 10-2pm.
Although it proved to be a success, there was an abundance of students that just were not interested or simply unable to join a club this semester.
Student Paul Ciccotta says that he doesn’t join clubs because, “More or less, it’s because I work a lot outside of school- I would but I just don’t have the time.”
Then there are students like Phuong Lg, who says that “Bucks is a commuter’s school, so it’s hard to make extra time coming in for anything other than school when I live 40 minutes away from here.”
But that didn’t stop club representatives from coming aboard this fun-filled event to encourage students to take advantage of Bucks’ club opportunities.
There are many different clubs, from recreational clubs like skiing and snowboarding and chess club, to student leadership programs like the Bucks Business association (BBA) and the Student Programming Board (SPB).  Students have many openings to get connected.
The Treasurer of the Bucks Business Association Matt Hoffer says that joining a club is a great thing- one that students should make time for.
“I encourage people to join clubs; you meet new people, make new friends, and grow as a person.”
Clubs like the BBA have benefited from Clubpalooza’s efforts by recruiting more students to join their club.
There were also clubs such as the digital gaming club, which used interesting forms of advertising to recruit new members.
Students were eagerly waiting their turn in line to get clubpalooza2in on the action packed video game that was displayed on the large television set at the Digital Gaming Club (DGC) table.
Peter Kunda, President of the Digital Gaming Club says that the clubpalooza really helps hobby clubs like his. “It definitely helped the club to grow, we got a lot of people excited about it!”  The DGC meets at Founders hall, room 157 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:30 pm.
The Student Programming Board had an enormous bowl of candy out to help advertise their club.
Richard Witzer, who is an avid member of the SPB club says that “Clubpalooza is worthy of our time.  This event is worth it. Any press is good press.”
Nonetheless, Clubpalooza managed to maintain another successful attempt of introducing the students at Bucks to all that there is to offer. It’s a great way to make new friends for any student that may have some extra time on their hands during those long breaks in between classes.