Bucks Business Association strives to help students

Voted the Student Organization of the Year for the past two years running, the Bucks Business Association of Newtown works to prepare students for their lives in the business world after their time at Bucks.
The BBA is a student run club that plans and works events for the Newtown Campus that profits the school and community. The club meets every Thursday in Penn Hall, Room 401 at 12:30 with free pizza and drinks.
President of the BBA, Elizabeth Lightkep, 19, a Business Administration major from Doylestown said, “This is a great club where you can meet new people, network, and get the experience you need for the real world of business.”
Lightkep encourages anyone who is interested in business and wants real world experience to come and see what the club has to offer.
Amongst the events are opportunities for students to learn the behind the scenes of what many business professionals do.
Vice President Chris DeLuca, 29, a Business Administration major from Morrisville said, “This club is more realistic, more real life, giving you the learning experience you can put on a resume.” He said, “It is one of the few clubs that benefits the students after their time at Bucks.”
The club is a great way for students to network, especially at community events. The BBA can be used as a platform for students, particularly business majors, to learn their craft and to have experience before earning a degree in it.
When asked why they joined the club, the majority of the students said it was to put on their resume. The club is intended to teach students how things work in the business world and to help prepare them for internships and jobs in the future.
Each semester, the club organizes events that benefit the students and college. This semester they are doing a LinkedIn Professional Photoshoot, having entrepreneur Kevin Kruse speak, as well as BINGO and a business etiquette dinner.
The upcoming events are planned and organized by the students who want to get involved either on the event or marketing side at the beginning of each meeting. More information on these events can be found during their meetings and on their Facebook page, Bucks Business Association.
From college admissions, resumes, and internships, the Bucks Business Association can provide the student with the knowledge and experience they need to get to the places they want to be in the business world.
For any additional information on the club or the events, contact advisors Bruce Imber at [email protected] or Greg Luce at [email protected] or visit the meetings on Thursdays in Penn Hall, Room 401.