Transfer fair was a huge success

The transfer fair at Bucks this fall was a success, connecting students with other colleges and universities that have easy transfer programs and are welcoming to new students.
The fair is designed so students can have a personal talk with representatives from the school and answer questions the students have while handing out additional information.
Rachel Gionta, Assistant Director of Admissions at Temple, likes coming to our transfer fair because, “Temple is the No. 1 transfer location for Bucks students.”
She adds, “Bucks is close to Temple, leaving many options simple and easy for transferring. Take a look at www.temple.edu/admissions for more information on major agreements and credits.”
Sarah Fehr, 20, a Criminal Justice major from Levittown, comes to every transfer fair because she is “ready to take the next step and go to a university and see where [her] major takes [her].”
Like Sarah, the transfer fair is filled with students who are just starting Bucks and those who will soon be graduating.
The fair welcomed students to take a look at schools to have an idea so they can start taking the necessary steps for their future education.
Latanya Moore, Assistant Director of Enrollment Management at Penn State Abington, says, “Transferring schools want students to finish with an upper level four year degree.” She adds, “Penn State is a widely recognizable name with tons of resources at every campus. The alumni network and number of majors can help benefit future jobs.”
With over 70 colleges at the fair this year, students had multiple options to learn more and see what schools accommodate their majors.
While the fall 2015 Transfer Fair just passed on Sept. 30, students are encouraged to make appointments with the transfer advisors to plan out their transfer.
By visiting the transfer services website, students can access information separated by the agreement made with the schools, what their major is, or general information about transferring.
For more information on upcoming transfer fairs or additional questions with transferring, visit www.bucks.edu/transfer or call 215-968-8031.