Bucks club helps local veterans

The Veterans club at Bucks County Community College serves to aid Veterans and their families members who are current students at Bucks. Providing support, resources, and programs for returning military men and women is the sole purpose of the club.

The Veterans club is a non-profit organization. The club also assist veterans in meeting their goals during their time at Bucks, while providing a friendly and supportive environment.

Club meetings are held at the Bristol and Newtown Campuses, typically on Thursdays at 1pm. Club members, that include veterans who use the Stars and Stripes Lounge, attend the club meetings.

The Stars and Stripes Lounge is a quiet-hideaway, on the Bucks campus, designated for Veterans. The Lounge is a place for veterans to use a computer, complete homework, watch TV, collect resources, or relax and connect with other Veterans.

For club advisor Matt Cipriano, he says, “I believe in supporting our military men and women who are pursuing a degree, they have unique challenges and I want to help them.”

As for special events this semester, the club is currently working through the details of a toy collection drive for the children of disabled veterans. As well as, looking into fundraising for a former Bucks student and marine who recently passed.

To get frequent updates about the Veterans club and upcoming events/news, you can like the Veterans club page on Facebook (Bucks County Community College’s Veterans club). They post occasional updates and different ways to help local veterans.

The Veterans club is always looking to expand their membership. For questions or more information about the Veterans club at Bucks, you can attend one of the meetings or contact club advisor, Matt Cipriano.