Students Hold a Spooky Halloween Party

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students Hold a Spooky Halloween Party

Bradley Hare

Halloween may have come and gone, but at least we can still look back and remember the good times it brought us. More specifically, we can look back at the Halloween party that the school hosted for their fellow students.

On Oct. 30, the Student Life and Athletics Program threw a Halloween party in the Gallagher room at Bucks County Community College Newtown Campus. “The Halloween party is a party Student Life puts together. They do this every year.” claimed Matt Cipriano, director of Student Life and Academic Programs.

The party it threw inside the room was filled with festive music and lights to fit the atmosphere. There also were games and food for the students to enjoy, all for free.

Alongside the party itself, there was also a costume contest, with students dressing in their most intriguing costumes to see which one was the best. For students who didn’t want to stay around campus all day and have outside obligations they had to attend to, the club already thought ahead.

“What we do is that we have the students sign in, telling us who they are, what they dressed up as, and some form of contact.” Cipriano stated. “The costume contest is a big draw of the Halloween party, and we understand that the students are bust with their own activities, so we want to be flexible to suit their needs.”

There were multiple categories for multiple winners, almost reaching 20. The overall winner was Chris Ebinger.

The students themselves also greatly enjoy the festivities. Plenty of them came to this event wearing their own costumes.

James Levan, a 24-year-old with a major in History from Levittown, is one of these students. He came to the party dressed up as a Spartan.

“I’m here just to have a good time.” Levan declared. “I’m most excited to just stay home and hand out candy on Halloween.”

Nikole Gesualdi, a 20-year-old culinary arts major from Levittown also made a appearance. Gesualdi came to the party dressed up as a bee that looked a bit like a zombie, lovingly named a “zom-bee”.

“I’m just here for all the games and the free food.” Gesualdi stated. “I can’t wait to give out candy on Halloween.”

There even was a group dressed as a couple characters from the hit movie, “Wizard Of Oz”. 21-year-old biomedical science major Shanzeh Khan came dressed as Glinda the good witch, 19-year-old psychology major Sylvia Sales arrived with a Dorothy costume, and Katie Chookagian, a 19-year-old with a cinema and video major, was dressed as the Wicked Witch of the West.

“I just like Halloween parties a lot, so I’m happy to be here.” Khan commented. “I can’t wait to eat a lot of candy this Halloween.”

“I’m here to my support and appreciation for Student Life.” Salas stated. “I really am excited to dress up for Halloween.”

“My friends are the reason I’m here; I just love hanging out with them.” claimed Chookagian. “Mostly, I love giving out candy to kids on Halloween, and this year won’t be different.”

If you want to the party or not, dressed up as someone or not, hope that you all had a grand Halloween this year. Just remember we still have to celebrate Thanksgiving before finally getting to Christmas.

• Students Hold a Spooky Halloween Party

Bucks News

Bucks Holds Annual Student Research Conference

Top Stories

Panel Focuses on Sex Harassment in Workplace

Around Bucks County

The Opioid Epidemic: It Starts With Us

Wallace and Fitzpatrick Hold Final Debate at Lower Bucks Campus

Bucks Student is Arrested for Making Threat

Bucks shut down due to threats

Bucks Student Hunger on the Rise, a New Survey Confirms

Bucks Student Involvement Fair Returns With a New Name and a New Location

Democratic Candidate Scott Wallace on Climate Change, Gun Control and More

Sports

Gearing Up for the Upcoming Soccer Season

Students Hold a Spooky Halloween Party