Bucks Can Match You With the Right Scholarship

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Bucks County Community College hosted a Financial Aid information night for high school seniors and students here at Bucks that are transferring.
Money, money, money. That is all a student will see and hear when it is time to apply for college. Applying to college is a very stressful time and not something one would want to mess up.
Bucks County Community colleges gives away up to $300,000 through scholarships each year. There about 135 privately sponsored scholarships alongside and the steps to receiving money is very simple.
First, one must have FAFSA, which is a Free Application for Federal Student Aid that gives aid options based on your financial status like grants, loans, and work-study programs. If a student is applying to a university in the state of Pennsylvania they then must have a PHEAA, Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency, a PA State Grant. What’s nice about a grant is that it is something one does not have to repay.
After both have been completed, it is time to get matched with scholarships through your high school, Bucks scholarships, or through other various websites like Fastweb and Scholly. These websites allow the student to get matched with hundreds of scholarships for free!
All Bucks scholarships have a deadline. The next one is April 1, 2019. Each scholarship is different, some require essays, letters of recommendations, or works from the student.
To make it easier having multiple essays on deck is a nice touch so a student does not feel too overwhelmed.
High school students can go see their counselor and ask for scholarship packets, while college students can go to the Transfer Admissions office and seek help there.
There are scholarships for everything, one just has to look and it will show up. They can look on the website of the colleges he or she is applying to see if they have posted any scholarships that they are elligible for.
Jennifer Salisbury is the Director, Foundation and Alumni Relation. She oversees all the scholarships here at the college. She has seen many people get financial blessings: “It is so worth it to apply for scholarships. Applying and winning is equal to earning free money”, says Salisbury.
Instead of worrying about how to pay for college, start now and get rewarded later!
The College’s website (http://www.bucks.edu/payment/aid/) has all the right information to help first time students, and transfer students too. You can call (215) 968-8200 or send an e-mail to [email protected] for more information. The office is located at the Links Pavilion, open Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The resources and tools to finding money is everywhere. Look and apply now before it is too late.