Stop By the Fireside Social in the Quad

Photo from Bucks website

Bucks’ students have been gathering around a fire pit in the quad for the Fireside Social held at Newtown campus every week. They can stop by for a quick roasted marshmallow or to just hang out. Although the days it is held fluctuate, it is usually held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. once or twice a week.  

“I follow the school’s social media platforms, so I first learned about the fire pit in the quad on Buck’s Instagram page. I was intrigued because I spend a lot of time each week at Newtown campus and was looking for more opportunities to get involved. My friends and I will definitely come make s’mores and hang out in the upcoming weeks.” said Abigail Dyer, 20, an environmental science major.  

You can also use your Suitable app to know ahead of time when the Fireside Social will take place each week. 

As covid restrictions begin to subside and more students are coming to campus, the Fireside Social provides a creative and fun way for students to take a minute to relax between classes and meet new friends.   

Along with the nice break, faculty members provide each student with a quick and delicious marshmallow. Once your marshmallow is roasted, you can make a s’more that can even include a Reese’s peanut butter cup in the middle!   

If you and your classmates have a lot of down time between classes and nothing to do, there are even games to participate in like a jumbo Connect Four.   

If you are interested in being featured on the school’s Tik Tok or Instagram accounts, the social media team post students who come to the Fireside Social every week!   

Not only does it bring fun to everyone’s school day but there are Bucks+ points to be earned. Just open your suitable app, scan the QR code provided at the event, and receive points for getting involved.   

“Fireside social is a unique idea that gathers the student body throughout the day. It was a nice break in between classes to spend time with my girlfriend, while hanging out with others. I enjoyed getting to know other students and learning about other majors that people can partake in at Bucks.” said Amber Octaviano, 20, a dance major.   

Some professors on campus offer extra credit at the end of the course if you earn a certain amount of Bucks+ points in a semester. The campfires on Newtown campus are an opportunity to work toward some easy extra credit points each week.   

Not only is it beneficial to your education at Bucks but if you are planning to transfer to Temple University after earning your associates degree, your points earned on Bucks+ transfer with you.  

Stop by the Fireside Social each week for a fun way to make new friends, grab a quick snack, and warm up by the fire, while earning those points!