Bucks+ Adds to your College Experience!

Photo courtesy of Bucks.edu

The Bucks+ program, implemented in 2020, continues to enrich the college experience at Bucks by informing students of events and encouraging student participation in the various activities held on campus.

The program is accessed through the Suitable app, which keeps track of the events you participate in. By using the QR code reader embedded in the app, you can earn points by scanning codes located at the event locations. Suitable will also keep a record of all points gained and add it to your account.

Maria Ender, a Business and Innovation Department administrative assistant, says that Bucks+ offers a “robust view of upcoming events, tasks, and activities that can be completed on your own time.” Bucks+ can also be used to “track your progress in real-time with both the web and mobile applications.” The convenience of having the mobile app accessible makes it effortless for students to reap the benefits available without having to go out of their way to do so.

The benefits of attending Bucks events are extensive. The cultivation of Bucks pride allows people to meet others who are similarly passionate about the activities they are participating in, allowing for connections to be made with peers.

This interaction with others also develops global and cultural awareness through events informing attendees about new concepts. Personal and professional development is likewise promoted, causing positive physical, mental, and emotional changes that will help in both one’s personal and professional lives.

Community engagement is the overarching theme, building communication skills and the desire to interact in engaging social environments. All of these skills can be used one way or another in daily life and are important to develop.

Bucks+ can also be helpful in landing job interviews and applications to other colleges. In general, employers and colleges appreciate having well-rounded individuals with many experiences and involvement in outside activities. Employers and colleges are able to see the activities you have done in Bucks+, which can be a great resource to prove your individuality in fields that are often highly competitive in nature.

Points gained can be carried over and contribute to programs at other colleges such as Temple University’s Fox Leadership Development Program. This allows students to get a jumpstart on gaining the points necessary for undergraduates to earn if they consider transferring to other colleges. You can also earn digital badges that can be displayed on a LinkedIn profile.

Bucks+ can be accessed by downloading the Suitable app. In the College Success Seminar course, it is mandatory to download, but any Bucks student is free to download it as well. Bucks+ is frequently updated with new events, so be sure to check the app daily. The effort invested into your future today will help in the long run.