The Bountiful Amount of Scholarships Available at Bucks

Deadlines for academic scholarships for the Spring 2024 semester are quickly approaching and it seems that many will go unclaimed this year.

Julianne Theodoropulos, coordinator of the Bucks Scholarship & Stewardship department, said, “I have been involved with the scholarship process at Bucks since I came to the College in Oct. 2021 and took on the position of Coordinator of Scholarships & Stewardship.”

Julianne made it clear that “anyone that is enrolled or has a Bucks email address can apply for scholarships.” She also said, “The criterion for each scholarship varies but is typically based on three factors; major, credits enrolled for and a minimum GPA typically between 2.5 and 3.0.” Any prospective applicant should also expect to compose an essay detailing their academic goals and need for financial help. She went on to ensure that “financial aid does not preclude applicants from receiving a scholarship award but can certainly help you.”

Julianne also wanted to bring special attention to how these scholarships are funded, saying “This is a robust program with over 150 scholarship funds facilitated through the Bucks Foundation. There are three types of donors: alumni who are looking to give back to a college that set them on the road to achieving their educational goals, those who are looking to establish a legacy scholarship to honor a loved one that may have passed or a curriculum they are passionate about, as well as the larger community impressed with the educational efforts at Bucks.”

Julianne also detailed the process for applying: Simply go to the Bucks home page and click the header “Bucks for Students” at the top left of the page. Next, under “Planning + Payment” click on “Scholarships.” This will take you to the scholarship page which has a brief six-minute video on how to apply. When you feel that you’re ready, click on the “Scholarship Login” tab at the top. This takes you to the Scholarship Universe portal where you will create a profile and then put your new scholarship search skills to work. Julianne specified, “The scholarship portal is intuitive in that it integrates your Bucks education and FAFSA profile information. The portal is simple to use and will match you to the most appropriate scholarships that pertain to your course of study and educational needs.” She encouraged students to “apply for as many scholarships as you can!”

The Fall deadline for scholarship applications is Monday, Nov. 6, 11:59 p.m. and the Spring deadline is mid-April.

For a quick shortcut to the Scholarship Login tab, simply enter the following web address into your browser: bucks.edu/scholarships/