Hilarity ensues at Bucks

The unusual and hilarious sketch comedy show Bucks Live will be debuting Dec. 7 and 8 at 8 p.m. in the Gateway auditorium.
The improv team has surely come up with an exciting show this year.
Bucks Live is an hour-long series of sketches that were developed by participants of the Improv Club.  Students auditioned to join the cast by showing off their improvisational chops.  Others were selected to be organizers and writers for the sketches.
Students that made the cut brainstormed ideas for sketches.  Once the favorites were selected, members simply acted out the scenes the best they could- and then they wrote the scripts.
“We kept doing them over and over to figure out what did and did not work, and in the end everything has come together as a sort of…planned improve,” said Bucks Live cast member Madeline Connor.
With nothing set in stone, the improvisers are given full reign to act the scene out in a more natural way. With structured lines and constricted creativity out the window, the most hilarious comedy takes shape.
The group worked together to decide which ideas and specific lines they liked and then they gave one another positive, but honest, feedback.
“The process behind it includes working out the scenes as they would appear on stage to practice, taking time as a group to critique and constructively criticize the acting of the actors or the scene itself, and repeat until everyone feels as though the scene is complete,” said cast member Ty Williams-McRoy.
Every time the group reworks a scene, it inevitably ends up being different.  Variety is the most interesting part of Bucks Live as the shows on Friday and Saturday will be completely diverse.
There are roughly 16 sketches prepared for the show, and about eight will be presented each night.  If one night of comedy doesn’t satisfy you, be sure to attend both for an entirely unique and fresh experience each night.
Yvonne Bruno, another Bucks Live cast member, wants to remind students that attending the show is “a great chance to support fellow students and see what they have to offer.”
The show was created by college students, mainly for college students – so it isn’t exactly aimed toward a younger audience.  That’s not to say kids aren’t allowed to check it out (but bring your younger sibling at your own risk).
“Similar to a snowflake, each performance is unique and one of a kind. If you don’t find the time to catch Bucks Live while it’s out then you’ll simply miss an amazing opportunity,” said Williams-McRoy.
Students from Bill McLaughlin’s Improv I class take suggestions from the audience to generate sidesplitting scenes and play clever and entertaining games.
Tickets include both shows and are sold at the door for $7.
For more information, contact Caitlin Feeney at [email protected]