Robert Channing Blows Minds at Bucks

The Bucks student programming board presents Robert Channing, the world famous mentalist that has been featured on netweorks such as NBC, ABC, Fox, and many more!
The acclaimed mind reader and psychic entertainer preformed an astonishing act for an audience of students and faculty on Thurs. Nov. 19 in the Gallagher Room.
First, the show started off with Channing’s magician friend Matt, who put on quite a spectacle for the audience, as he made oranges appear, disappear, and reappear underneath cups! For his finale, Matt proceeds to take his hat off, turn it upside down and drop a 12 pound watermelon to the floor. The crowd was flabberghasted!
The audenice now excited, Channing was then introduced onto the stage and met with cheerful applause.
For his first trick, he made all of the men in the room who had loose change in their pockets stand up, and asked a random lady from the audience to choose one of the standing gentlemen.
He then asked the one male student standing in the back to please count the change from his pocket in his head. Meanwhile, Channing wrote what he beleived the correct to be on his notepad.
Putting the pen down, he asked the man to relay the amount to the audience…the student replied, “$1.10!” Instantly Channing held up the paper he had previously written on which had 1.10 written on, the astounded crowd applauded!
Moving on, Channing asked a random student in the audience, who had her hand raised to be his next volunteer. Chaning asked that she choose a number in her head from 1 through 100. He then writes his prediction on a piece of paper and then asks her reveal the number the girl chose.
The girl yelled out, “72!” Channing then holds up his paper with the number 72 written on it! The crowd was in complete shock as they clapped in amazement!
Channing then states, “I’m just warming up!…Now for the fun stuff!” He chooses two volunteers from the audience to put quarters on each of his eyes to shield him from any sight!
The volunteers continue to duct tape Channing eyes and upper half of his face, and just to be safe, placed a blind fold over top of all of the thick tape!
Channing asks the audience to take a bill of cash from their pocket; whether it be a $1 bill or even a $20 bill and “hold it up high!” He asks his assistant, “Now before you point to a person, I’m going to ask you to hold my wrist, and find my pulse…this is called contact mind reading!”
Channing then asks the assistant to point to a person from the audience and pick one of the bills and bring it up to the stage.
The student the assistant pointed to then walks up to the stage and hands the bill over. Channing asks the assistant to place the bill in his hand, he then puts the bill up to his head and says that he believes it not too cheap, “It’s not a $1 bill…is it a $5 bill?” The assistant says yes, and the crowd puts their hands together for this impressive trick!
Channing says that having his sense of sight taken away, creates a sort of 6th sense for him to be able to make these accurate predictions!
Still blinded, he gives the bill to the other volunteer on stage with him and asks her to let him know if he can get the serial number on the bill correct. He reads, “JC4…O7…42540A!” The volunteer seemed completely stunned and kept shaking her head and saying yes in disbelief!
Channing went onto guess what more random and personal objects the volunteers selected form members from the audience; one being a driver’s license from India!
He later asked all members from the audience to write down some personal thoughts on note cards in front of them.
The volunteers brought all of the cards up to the stage, and Channing picked up one by one, putting the card up to his head and calling out members from the audience.
He went on to answer personal questions relating to their lives and even their futures! It was amazing; the audience was inomplete awe!
Channing even told a few different girls when they would be married, how many children they would have. Cahnning even achnowladged a woman in the audience who had been trying to get pregnant with her husband for years, and stated, “congratulations, I just wanted to let you know that you are indeed preganat, and that it will be a very healthy child.”
In the end, still utilizing his 6th sense, Channing asked a hand full of random people form the audience to stand. He revealed a sealed envelope in his hands that held a piece of paper with the specific details to the perfect dream vacation that would be selected by answers from random members from the audience.
He asked them each to answer specific questions about a “dream vacation.” He asked one girl where she would like to go, another women who she would like to go with, a man in the audience how much he would like to spend, what date he would like it to take place, and so on!
Finally, he asked another member from the audience to come up, open, and read the letter with the supposed answers from the audience…and the women read every single one that matched the answers to the exact! The first girl even changed her answer twice in the beginning and the letter stated both locations!
The blind fold was then taken off and the crowd clapped, astonished by what they had just witnessed!