Bucks Students Favorite V-Day Rom-Coms

Expensive chocolate, roses, and a dinner that will cost you an arm and a leg.
That was the golden standard of what a perfect Valentine’s Day should be, but is there anything wrong with simplicity? Staying inside and enjoying each other’s company whilst watching movies. Here are some suggestions according to your peers at Bucks.
“My favorite Valentine’s Day move is ‘Me before You,’” says Gab Verrecchio, a 19-year-old neuroscience major from Doylestown, “I like the characters and how they change.”
“Me before You” stars Emilia Clark as Louisa Clark who loses her job and is hired as a caregiver to Sam Laflin’s character, Will Traynor, who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident. Depression overcomes Traynor and it is up to Clark to pull him back from the other side.
When asked what for her favorite sappy flick, Keeley O’Brien, a 19-year-old psychology major from Doylestown answered, “’Valentine’s Day,’ and I like that movie because it’s funny and I like the actors, even though I haven’t seen it in a while.”
The film “Valentine’s Day” is unique in the way that it follows numerous storylines about the characters’ own struggles during the holiday. The film also has an all-star cast with the likes of Jessica Alba, Ashton Kutcher, Bradley Cooper, George Lopez and Taylor Swift.
Courtney Keen, Doylestown resident, and 19-year-old dental hygiene major had a few movie suggestions when asked about Valentine’s Day, “Either ‘Longest Ride’ or ‘Safe Haven.’ They’re both cute, I like the actors and how they’re not just love movies, there is some action involved and suspense,” was her response.
“The Longest Ride” is a film adapted from the novel of the same name by Nicholas Sparks. The film stars Scott Eastwood as Luke Collins, a professional bull rider who is injured and delays his return to the sport. He then meets Sophia Danko, played by Brit Robertson, at his returning show and the two fall in love.
“Safe Haven,” also a novel by Sparks, centers around Katie Tierney played by Julianne Hough as she runs away from her abusive past and eventually meets Alex Wheatley played by Josh Duhamel and low and behold they fall in love.
The next film seems to have struck a cord with more than one person. The film?
“50 First Dates.” Elaine Transue, an 18-year-old nursing major from Plumstead chose the film, “because the main characters get to fall in love all over again every time they see each other, it’s like love at first sight 50 times over again.”
The film follows Henry Roth a marine veterinarian, played by Adam Sandler who lives in Hawaii and fears commitment until he meets Lucy Whitmore played by Drew Barrymore, the only problem is that she can never remember Henry because she has short-term memory loss.
Whether or not it is one of Bucks’ picks for flicks, snuggle up with a sweet treat and watch whatever makes you feel loved on Valentine’s Day!