Levittown Man Held Without Bail After Allegedly Beheading Father

Courtesy of Bucks County District Attorneys Office.
Courtesy of Bucks County District Attorney’s Office.

A Levittown man who’s accused of brutally beheading his father after shooting him has been formally charged on Wednesday morning after posting a video holding his father’s decapitated head.

Justin Mohn, a 33-year-old Bucks County native, has been charged with Murder of the First Degree, Abuse of Corpse and Possessing Instruments of Crime. He is currently being held without bail at the Bucks County Correctional Facility after being arraigned by Magisterial District Judge Lisa J. Gaier, according to a statement from the Bucks County DA’s office.

68-year-old Michael Mohn was found deceased by police at around 7 p.m. Tuesday night after his wife called authorities. His body was located on the first-floor bathroom of the family home, with his head located inside a plastic bag within a cooking pot in the bedroom next door.

A machete and a large knife were found in the bathtub with large amounts of blood when authorities arrived.

Police found bloody rubber gloves in a first-floor bedroom of the home and in a trashcan next to the desk in that same room.

The father’s white Toyota Corolla was allegedly stolen by Mohn and was later found when Mohn was stopped by police at Fort Indiantown Gap, a National Guard training center in Lebanon County, PA.

Justin Mohn had posted a YouTube video picking up his father’s decapitated head titled “Mohn’s Militia” according to police documents.

Mohn’s YouTube Video was 14 minutes long and has since been taken down, but clips of the YouTube video have been circling around online news and networking app X (formerly Twitter). In the video, Mohn is seen wearing the same style of gloves that were found at the scene of the crime and holding up his father’s decapitated head before going on a political rant.

An article by Bucks alumni Tom Sofield on LevittownNow.com explains that the video was a “call to arms for American Patriots.” Justin Mohn states in the video that his father is “now in hell for eternity as a traitor to his country” and is calling for a “second American Revolution.”

“Mohn complained about immigrants who come into the country illegally, President Joe Biden, other high-ranking federal officials, communists, the “far left woke mobs,” Black Lives Matters supporters and those who are part of the LGBTQ+ community,” says Sofield.

Mohn’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 8.

In a Bucks County Courier Times article, they stated that Michael Mohn “raised three children, two boys and a girl, in a neat, green-shuttered Levitt Jubilee, which was their home for almost 40 years.”

Michael Mohn was a civil engineer for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineering for 20 years in the Philadelphia district described as a “gifted innovator and a consummate professional,” according to WFMZ Channel 69.

“The guy never did anything for himself,” Dan Sirkis, a friend of Michael Mohn and his supervisor for 20 years, told WFMZ Channel 69 in an interview. “He poured everything he had into that family of his. He was beloved in our district, he just was. There’s no replacing that really.”