BCCC signs dual admissions agreement with Albright

In a move to make transfers to four year schools even easier, Bucks has signed with Albright College for a transfer to the Reading based school.
The pact guarantees admission to Albright from BCCC for all Bucks graduates with an associates degree. Provided they meet all the minimum requirements.
Dr. James Linksz, BCCC president and Dr. Henry A. Zimon of Albright College, finalized the deal on the Newtown campus and afterwards exchanged banners.
“Albright is delighted to forge this agreement with Bucks County Community College,” said Zimon. “The high quality of the BCCC associate degree is an ideal springboard to an Albright bachelor’s degree, and we are pleased to welcome BCCC students to Albright.”
A special scholarship of $2,500 will be made to all Bucks graduates transferring into Albright’s Accelerated Degree Completion Program. Students transferring into the day program can also be entitled to a $5,000 to $15,000 scholarship depending on their grade point average.
“Albright has a number of flexible programs for the Bucks student,” said BCCC transfer coordinator Barbra Ford. “Including a great accelerated evening program.”
Aside from Albright’s main Reading campus, students can enroll at any of it’s other locations such as Bethlehem, Allentown, Pottstown, Harrisburg, Blue Bell and Exton.
With more than 70% of Bucks students currently transferring to four-year schools, and many others transferring before they even earn their associate degree, the agreement seems to be a logical step for both schools.