Manor Gives Bucks A Lesson In Ball Running , Fast Breaks

Bucks- With a final score of 38 to 59, BCCC basketball hopefully picked up a few pointers from manor’s ability in ball-running and fast breaks along with a hefty amount of rebounding.
In Buck’s defense, with a 29 to 38 score at the end of the first half, we have a team with a strong endurance for racking up points in a small pocket of time. But with ten fouls, two including traveling calls, and giving up eight free-throw points to Manor, it seems Bucks had very little chance to ever come back.
What was the flaw in the game plan? In theory, nothing, Bucks runs a great defense and maintained a solid enough offense. What really was the matter was a serious lack of assists and rebounding, which Manor just happened to have in spades. While Bucks may have taken too many risks in field goals, they made up for it with four three-pointers in the first half.
Manor’s control of the board was outstanding, causing a lot of pain in the area of fouls for Bucks. And while Bucks held up their part defensively, they couldn’t stay away from roughing (which has a silver lining left them leading in steals).
While Bucks managed to chalk up two more three pointers in the second half, it just wasn’t enough to keep up with Manor’s passing game and nimble point guard.
Bucks’ Staten scoring the highest and Johnson coming second, it again just wasn’t enough to match up to Manor’s Geigor and Wette, scoring a combined 42 point, more than Bucks’ total score.
Is Bucks a team with a need to improve? Very little improvement is needed actually. Does Manner highlight those spots for improvement? Unfortunately, it seems they did just that last night.