Students enjoy 25 days of Christmas TV special

The holiday season is approaching quickly which means that ABC Family’s traditional 25 Days of Christmas special is upon us. Beginning on Dec. 1, the network will show different holiday themed movies until Dec. 25. It’s a tradition that many people are looking forward to.
Jessica Los, 18, criminal justice major from Langhorne, celebrates Christmas and cannot wait until the 25 Days of Christmas holiday shows air. Los especially enjoys watching the holiday movies “A Year without Santa Claus” and “The Polar Express.”
Los also looks forward to the lights and decorations. Her only tradition around Christmas time is going to church on Christmas Eve.
Ashley Efkowitz, 22, a childcare major from Ivyland, enjoys watching the holiday movies on TV, including her favorites, “A Christmas Story” and “Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer.”
Efkowitz mentions her favorite thing about the holiday is, “being with my family.”  Her family puts up many decorations on their house for the holiday season.
“Spending time with family and my girlfriend” is something that Nick Dampman enjoys most about the holidays. Dampman, 20, from Langhorne, studies cinema/video productions, has had decorations up for the holidays before Thanksgiving. His family usually keeps their decorations up until New Years.
Dampman enjoys watching his favorite holiday movies during the 25 Days of Christmas special. His traditions every year include, “going to Christmas Eve service at church, as well as going to my grandparents’ house that night.”
Ally Cryan, 22, liberal arts major from Doylestown, enjoys watching “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” “The Christmas Story” and “Dr. Seuss’ ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’” during the holidays. Cryan said she won’t be watching the countdown to Christmas movies on TV in December, but that she looks forward to “getting together with the family.”
“Traditions that we have are on the night before Christmas; we go to dinner with my grandmother and then go to church for the service,” Cryan said. She celebrates two Christmases: one on Christmas Day and again about a week later with her mother’s side of the family.
Ray Harrison, 21, liberal arts major, from Bensalem, celebrates Hanukkah, but also enjoys watching the Christmas movies on ABC Family. He likes to watch all the classic holiday TV specials like, “The Polar Express,” “Scrooge” and “Charlie Brown Christmas.”
Harrison’s favorite parts of the holiday season are doing all of his traditions, being with friends and family and listening to Christmas music on the radio. His other holiday traditions include, “going to Hershey Park, seeing the light show at Shady Brook Farms, and going downtown for the lightshow at Macy’s.”
Allison Boyd, 20, from Newtown, a childhood education major, decorates her house every year for Christmas. She looks forward to spending time with her family and watching her favorite holiday movies, including “Frosty the Snowman” and “A Year without Santa Claus.” She has traditions with her family that they do every year which are “going to my aunt’s house on Christmas Eve and my mom’s family comes to our house on Christmas day.”
Anthony DeVito, 20, a graphic design major from Yardley, likes watching “Charlie Brown’s Christmas” when he is not stuck at work. His traditions are going to church and having his house decorated for the holidays.
Taylor Casmirri, 21, liberal arts, from Newtown, enjoys watching the 25 Days of Christmas special in December and also watches the countdown to Christmas in November on ABC Family. Casmirri has many favorite holiday movies including “A Christmas Story,” “Elf, “Twas the Night” and “The Ultimate Christmas Present.”
“I look forward to the feeling of the holidays. When I put the Christmas tree up and the smell of it goes throughout the house, I know it is officially the holidays,” says Casmirri.
Of her many traditions she has with her family, her favorite one is making cream chipped beef on Christmas morning. Another thing Casmirri does with her mother every year is decorating the house and the tree.
Ryan Taylor Jones, 20, cinema and video production major from Doylestown, doesn’t watch the 25 Days of Christmas special on TV, but does watch his favorite holiday movie, “Jingle All the Way.” Jones does not have any specific holiday traditions nor does he decorate his house, but every year he looks forward to enjoying a warm cup of fresh apple cider.
Dean Ridgeway, 18, cinema and video production major from Bensalem, enjoys watching some favorite movies including “Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer,” “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” “Charlie Brown Christmas” and “Dr. Who Christmas Special.” Ridgeway, doesn’t watch the 25 Days of Christmas though.
He looks forward to spending time with friends and family during the holidays and spending Christmas Eve dinner at his aunt’s house as a tradition and decorates his house for the holiday season.
Be sure to watch the 25 Days of Christmas shows on ABC Family through Dec. 25.