SGA elections are approaching rapidly

Now is the time for students to vote as the Bucks’ Student Government Associate elections will take place this upcoming week from April 16 to April 20.

The elections will take place through an online voting poll which students will be able to access through their Bucks email account. Student will be required to enter in their student user ID and the last four digits of their student number as their password.

The annual election process will include the positions from the executive board as well of a number councilor positions. The executive positions up for election include president, vice president, executive treasurer, executive secretary as well as new positions added this year including executive director of events, Lower Bucks campus liaison, and Upper Bucks campus liaison.

The councilor positions up for election include councilor for student involvement, councilor for public relations, councilor for club and organizations, councilor for student advisory, and councilor at large.

The responsibilities of SGA members will include approving new student organizations, allocating approximately $50,000 to athletic, student organizations and student programs as well as solving student problems and improving the overall college experience according to Student Life Programs Director Matthew J. Cipraino.

According to Bucks’ Student Government Associates website students interested in voting can also visit the “how to vote” link more details on the elections process.