Who is Adrian Ivakhiv?

Adrian Ivakhiv visited Bucks this past week to discuss the similarities between movies and our everyday lives, and how the line between the two is blurring, but who is he?
Dr. Adrian Ivakhiv is a teacher of environmental thought at the University of Vermont, and a friend of the Bucks philosophy teacher Dr. Brahinsky. 
When asked what motivated him to give this presentation his answer was simple.  Ivakhiv repeated what he said in his presentation “Movies unite the world in a way that only a few things can”.  The cult like followings movies such as Avatar, Star Wars and Star Trek “Shows the effect and obsession Hollywood holds over us”.
It is important to note that many of the movies that have held an impact on our society have been of the science fiction genre.  This is not to take anything away from blockbuster of other genres, but Forest Gump, Titanic and Lord of the Rings never led to dramatic social and scientific changes.  Ivakhiv believes that this is because “Science Fiction raises questions about the future”.
Ivakhiv delivered his message to Bucks students at the behest of his friend Dr. Brahinsky, who teaches classes on philosophy, religion, and existentialism here at Bucks.  “I made all the students in my classes attend because I thought his message was important” he said.
Both Brahinsky and Ivakhiv agreed that while movies are probably the best example, others areas of Pop Culture such as Music and Literature can impact the world in great ways.
“Bob Dylan was what motivated me” Brahinsky said when asked what influenced him on the course he would take with his life, and Ivakhiv came to become interested in his career on the basis of ideas that came to light in the 60’s during the environmental movement.
If you wish to take influence on the ideas taught by Ivakhiv and Brahinsky, consider a major in Philosophy or Anthropology, and mix it in with some environmental science for good measure.