Bucks gamers rate Halo 4 high on their wanted list

The biggest shooter game on the Xbox 360 has returned once again for another mayhem-filled multiplayer shooter experience.

However, this time it’s not in the hands of Bungie, but rather in the hands of 343 industries, which brings up an intriguing question. Will this Halo do well with a different company?

Halo fans know the story of where Halo 3 left off. The story in Halo is very deep and plays like a movie. Master Chief has been awakened by his AI companion Cortona, aboard a ship that is being destroyed by the Covenant.

There are two problems that occur in the story. Cortona is dying due to a disease called rampancy which causes AI’s to think themselves to death. Not only does Master Chief have to save her, but an ancient evil has awakened to threatening humanity.

Alas, Master Chief must save Cortona and while also saving Humanity.

“The campaign felt like a movie that makes you think 343 put in some work with this story,” said Tom Davis, 20, music major from Doylestown.

The visual aspects of this game are beautiful, leading to a major upgrade from the past Halo games. Morning, sunset and night are all designed beautiful in this game. 343 have done a great job with this design.

“This has to be one of the best designs I’ve seen in a video game,” said Dillon Yeager, 20, Bucks students from Morrisville. “It’s just really amazing and honestly these graphics are breathtaking,” he said.

Halo 4 plays like other Halo games, but the difference is that it has a lot of different weapons for the various classes and armor upgrades.

Halo is also a very challenging game to play, especially on the higher difficulty settings. It’s not a simple shooting game as there’s plenty of strategizing in this game.

“Playing this game on Heroic was definitely a challenge for me,” said Ryan Werner, 20, elementary education major from

Doylestown. “The enemies actually duck and cover. They almost play like anybody playing a video game.”

Halo is also known for its crazy multiplayer modes online. The one multiplayer mode is called Spartan Ops, which operates as a story game mode that can be played as a single player or co-op through Xbox Live or just the Xbox console.

Spartan Ops is similar to “Firefight,” a game where players will have five objectives that happen alongside the story. These objectives will also be updated weekly, so players will have something new to do every week.

The multiplayer option is now called “Infinity,” where players can create their own Spartan and battle it out in death match, team death match, capture the flag and many other modes.

“Halo 4 is probably not only the best Halo, but this game could possibly be the best game on the Xbox 360,” Jabari Pinnock, 20, arts major from Warrington. This game is a must buy. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will have some competition,” Pinnock said.