Arts at Bucks

Sarah Sanderson
Student art exhibit 2015

Arts at Bucks will honor the college’s 50th anniversary with a celebration of art, featuring a student art sale, live musical performances, student film, live demonstrations, poetry readings, and a student art exhibition.

Nearly a month long showcase, running from April 15 through May 12, Art at Bucks was constructed to really show off the talent around campus.

Types of artwork to be featured are painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, digital media, 2-D design, 3-D design, sculpture, fine woodworking, ceramics, jewelry, glass, web design, graphic design, music, film and video.

Maria Klos, 20, fine arts major, shared that out of an estimated 300 pieces submitted for the exhibition, only about 30 were chosen by a juried selection and are eligible to win awards.

Dave Young, a 29-year-old graphic design major was one of the students whose work has been chosen to be showcased during the 50th Annual Student Exhibition.  Of these pieces, one was a pencil drawing and the other, an ink and pen drawing.

As a student, Young recommends that budding or future art students of Bucks who desire to have their work chosen next year should, “Do something that stands out… they reject pieces that appear too similar… be unique.”

Young also feels that this opportunity to take part in the exhibition can aid participating students in their futures outside of Bucks.

“This is something to bring up at a job interview, especially if one of your works gets sold to the public,” said Young.

In addition to the music, film and art events, on Saturday, April 25 Community Day and the eighth annual Tyler Formal Gardens & Landscape Lecture will be held at the Newtown campus, as a part of Arts at Bucks.

While entry to the lecture costs $15 for the general public and $10 for students, the community day event is free to all and will have plenty of activities, demonstrations, and performances for all age groups to enjoy.