To Attend Video Games Club At Bucks, Just Press Start

Did Someone say Videogames?

Those interested in Gaming, PC or Console, no matter wat genre, will be interested in the “Digital Gaming Club” here at Bucks County Community College. Luke Delavan, Psychology major, and president of the club states that the point of the club is to “To give students a place to relieve themselves of the stresses that come with school and work” and “Provide the good company of other gamers and playing/discussing video games, board games, D&D campaigns, etc.” With newer graphics technology, social media marketing, and greater story telling elements, Videogames are coming into the mainstream as a source of entertainment. No longer is it the favorite pastime of a select few groups of outsiders in the classroom that don’t quite fit in with Sports types and Bookworms.

With huge televised conventions like Blizzcon, E3, and PAX Prime that attract thousands of gamers from around the world and VR entertainment on the rise, it seems like now more than ever millennials are setting the trend for digitally based entertainment as opposed to Sports.  been the main past time of many teens for decades.

But why gaming?

Why not football? Or Surfing? Or Baseball?

Delavan states that his interest in videogames is rooted in being the victim of bullying “I use gaming as a means of escape from ALL of the issues in the real world. Gaming is something that also got me through most of my childhood since I was bullied a lot at school and also dealing with depression.” It’s the Vibrant worlds, and the deep Lore that attracts many people to videogames. “The deeper the lore of a game is, the more I grow to love that game even more.” In regard to prospective gamers interested in this world, Delavan recommends titles such as “The Legend of Zelda”, “Final Fantasy”, “Cave Story”, “Smash Bros.”, “Kingdom Hearts”, and “Kirby”. Heavily story driven games that entice the player into the expansive open world.

Taking the role of a powerful character, making them combat biblical threats in HD is becoming a growing source of entertainment for the world’s younger population.

As with any growing entertainment industry, differences in interest can cause gaming companies to succeed or fail depending on the sway of the fanbase. The biggest divides in gamer culture are those of in favor of PC gaming, such as playing on a computer, and Console Gamers, Consoles such as Xbox and Playstation. “Console or PC?” is a thoroughly debated topic, one the Delavan has acted bipartisan “I enjoy both, mostly because it just allows me to expand my gaming library that much more!”. Such a stance has enabled him to purchase more Games giving him greater options when he wishes for entertainment.

The “Digital Gaming Club” is a place for interested people to discuss the topic, and relieve themselves of the stresses of school, work, and life. For those that are new to the subject, this club also serves as a safe space for the curious to gain knowledge and recommendations. In the ever-growing Gaming industry, who know how this entertainment will evolve In the future?