Halloween Happenings in Bucks County

Looking for something to do this Halloween season? Look no further than right here in Bucks County where there is no shortage of fall-themed and Halloween activities.

One of the most popular Halloween attractions in the area are the Haunted Hayrides. Some of the more popular ones include Shady Brook, Valley of Fear, and Sleepy Hollow.

If hayrides aren’t the thing for you, there are plenty of other ways to get you scared straight. The New Hope Railroad Line offers a Haunted Halloween Train.

Described as being “rated pg-13,” this train ride is only available for teens and adults. According to their website, the train promises to “toss you in the hands of the unknown” as well as frighten the strongest of heart and test the nerve of all passengers onboard.

Also in New Hope, “The Rocky Horror Show” returns to the Bucks County Playhouse. A popular and acclaimed play version of the 1975 cult film, the play runs throughout October. Due to mature subject matter, no one under 17 is recommended to attend.

Another annual expedition in Bucks County are the various ghost tours. Every Friday and Saturday night in October at 9 p.m., a guided ghost tour of New Hope will take place on the corners of Main St. and Ferry St. Age old stories of the supernatural will be told as you walk through historic landmarks and frighteningly dark streets.

If you are looking for more family-friendly oriented activities, Peddler’s Village recently held their annual Scarecrow festival. The scarecrows are still on display through Sunday, October 29. The public is encouraged to vote for the best scarecrow. With more than one hundred creatively made scarecrows, this event can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

From Sunday, Oct. 29 through Saturday, Nov. 4, the annual ‘Canal-O-Ween’, will take place alongside the Delaware Canal in Yardley. The public can help carve pumpkins that will be displayed alongside the canal. During the evening hours, the jack o’ lanterns will be lit up and lined up across the Delaware Canal for all to see. On an autumn evening, it will be especially enjoyable to witness the hundreds of jack o’ lanterns placed while strolling along the Delaware Canal.

“Frankenstein Rocks,” a comedic musical based on the popular story of Frankenstein will be on stage right here at Bucks County Community College. With performances on Friday, October 27 at 7 p.m., Saturday, October 28th at 2 and 7 p.m., and Sunday, October 29th at 3 p.m., you will have several opportunities to attend. The play will be held at the Zlock Performing Arts Center here on campus and tickets are $15 for general admission and $20 at the door so don’t miss an opportunity to laugh, have a good time, and get into the Halloween spirit.

Whether it’s a hayride, festival, or haunted attraction, there is plenty to do around Bucks County this Halloween season so don’t miss an opportunity to enjoy all the happenings around town while they last.