The world stands with Paris during tragedy

In the wake of the Paris terrorist attacks, lives have been lost, hearts have been broken, but countries all over the world have become unified and stand alongside Paris in the wake of their tragedy.
On Friday night, with the use of automatic weapons and explosives, 3 organized teams conducted 6 separate attacks in the city of Paris leaving 129 people dead and 400 injured.
The attacks took place at the national stadium, a concert hall, and several restaurants.
More would have been killed if the ISIS members were able to get into the soccer stadium, but fortunately they were stopped at security.
After the Islamic State took responsibility for these attacks, French President François Hollande tells Parliament that France is at war.
Hollande says, these attacks are “an aggression against our country, against our values, against its youth and its way of life.”
French authorities have zeroed in on two of the eight suicide bombers that are believed to have planned and instructed the attacks.
Officials say one of the men is Sailm Benghalem, a French man that joined ISIS years ago. He gave orders for Abdelhamid Abaaoud to put the attacks on France in motion. NPR reported.
In recent investigation, NPR reported that the man leading the attack was from Belgium and acquired a fake passport from a Syrian refugee, this is how he made it into Europe.
However, Paris has taken steps to bring those responsible for the attacks to justice in a series of police raids. According to BBC News one of the people suspected to have coordinated the attacks was killed during said police raids.
After hearing about the tragedy, people all over the world have reached out with encouraging words and prayers for Paris.
Kelly Barnes, 22, nursing major from South Hampton said, “When I heard about the Paris terrorist attacks. I felt terrible. I wish there was more I could personally do to help.”
Ebony Jamison, 20, undecided major from Trevose shared similar feelings saying, “When I heard what happen it literally broke my heart. All those innocent lives, men, women, and children. I thought about how awful I would feel if I lost any of my family in that way. My heart really goes out to all those people and their families.”
Social media worldwide was a constant stream of updates, support, and photos. People from all different parts of the world shared their sympathies with Paris. From the rich, to the poor, celebrities, and every day people, everyone was standing in support.

However students such as Brielle Donan, 19, psychology major from Yardley feel that not everyone was as concerned as they should have been. She said, “I was very shocked when I first heard the news. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of the TV and I was constantly checking the news and Twitter for updates. It was so unexpected. I was also really disappointed in the fact that a lot of the people I know and saw on my newsfeed were not that concerned because it didn’t happen in the U.S.” 

She went on to say, “I think people need to realize that this stuff could happen to anyone, no matter how safe we think we are, unfortunately it happened to Paris this time.
Julie Evans. 20, social work major had a different opinion stressing that America needs to look out for themselves as well. She said, “I sadly wasn’t that surprised when I heard the news because we are living in a world where violence is becoming norm, it’s not to say that it didn’t hit home cause it did, but overall the attack that took place is someting that we as citizens can hope and pray doesn’t happen to our country.”
Evans went on to say, “We as a nation can only do so much, but definitely preparing for the worst and hoping for the best is almost all that we can do. My heart goes out to Paris and all who are suffering from ISIS, but we also need to see that violence is happening in our country and not getting much awareness. In order to help others, we need to first help ourselves and get our affairs in order.”
This brings about a popular and very controversial topic on just how much we as country should be doing to aid other countries. Over the past couple months Syrian refugees have been actively making their way into the United States.
There have been mixed feelings on whether the refugees should be allowed to enter the country. Most of the reluctancy however has come from the fearful thoughts that some of these refugees may have ties to ISIS. There are over 25 states in the U.S. Currently not accepting refugees including Texas, Florida, and most of the southern states. Unfortunately a lot of these states are coastal, which means it will be even harder for refugees to reach a state where they are accepted.
John Gannon, 18, Journalism major from Richboro says, “I feel like no one should be denied the right to move and start a new life. These people are struggling and need help, we’re a country founded built on immigrants so who are we to be turning people away.
According to worldvision.org 12 milliion Syrians have fled there homes because of the conflict and turmoil happening in their homes. Sadly more than 3,200 refugees have died trying to travel to Europe and America and over 240,000 people have been killed by ISIS and the violence happening in Syria.
It is nearly impossible to provide aid for these people because the danger that the aid workers would be put in.
Dominique Stango 19, business administration major from Morrisville agreed that we should reach out and help. She goes on to say, “I think our government should take action by sending aid to the places affected, not military aid but humanitaria type of aid. They clearly need people who care enough to help them
Many people feel like there’s not much you can do but the most imporant thing we as a county, and world can do is to just stand in support of Paris. Sending them kind words, support, and when the time comes aid.

Additional reporting done by Lauren Savana