Men’s soccer team shows promise this season

A new year, a new team. Coach Burroughs says that the men’s soccer team at Bucks is improving with every game.
So far, the team has had a scoring of 4-to-2 this season as of six games. Coach Burroughs mentions that practice and competition wasn’t always easy, as the team had some trouble with passes and made some defensive mistakes in the beginning of the season. He says that “they would turn the ball over too much to the other team.”
They’ve had less than a month to play, but the coach says they show promise. “The team members… are building this year as compared to last year,” says the coach, “but the chemistry isn’t there yet and we have a longer way to go.” Burroughs mentions that people are showing encouragement in the games and everyone is getting to know each other.
“The team has a great overall outlook this year,” says Burroughs. “We make some mistakes in the game, but we have made big improvements so far.” He says that he has at least two or three team members helping out the team on the field by playing more offensively with each other.
As of last year, they’ve had 13 wins, five losses, and one tie at Regionals, which includes Penn State Conference and New Jersey Conference. At Penn State Conference, the team had three-way tie.
Burroughs explains that Regionals and Conference differ from each other. “If a team has wins 10 to 0 in Conference, a team is going to go to Regionals due to the individual aspect of each player in a team, not the overall score of the team that year.” At least the top five of 20 teams will go to Regionals. “This year we’re expecting to finish at that also, at least five or six with Regionals,” say Burroughs. A championship in Regionals grants the winning team a trip to Nationals. As for Conference, each team plays two times in the season for the play-offs.
Burroughs mentions that it’s not just the game that matters. He says, “It’s the little things like bonding, and realizing there’s more than just us in the team.”mens-soccor-edit