Transferring? PTK can help

For students whose time at Bucks is drawing to a close, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK) is holding a transfer orientation, run by students, to help make the transition to a four-year college easier.

The transfer orientation will be held on Nov. 11, 6 p.m. at Newtown Campus in the Solarium. PTK’s goal is to help students by showing them how to utilize online resources for a successful transfer.

The goal of holding a student- run event on transferring is to help the students succeed in their goals by helping them understand the process of transfer in a more logical fashion, explained Caroline Libman, a student and a vice president of PTK, and organizer of the transfer orientation.

Libman and other students felt sharing their stories and transfer experiences would provide Bucks students with a better perspective and understanding of the transfer process.

“It seemed like a nice idea to share our experiences with other students so they can learn from our mistakes and have a better understanding of the transfer process, leading to a better result,” said Libman.

PTK feels transferring to a larger university can be made easy with the right steps. In the orientation PTK will explain the proper steps to help students get closer to their dream school and guide students through a plethora of websites that can make their transition more enjoyable.

An hour long orientation may seem like an eternity but PTK’s orientation can save Bucks students time and money by leading them to sites offering virtual tours of universities and colleges, saving them from the hassles of college visits.

For students whose greatest obstacle of transferring to a four-year school is the price tag,

the orientation will also direct students to transfer scholarships to help them succeed.

For more information about Bucks’ transfer services, students should visit bucks.edu/student/transfer.